The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Recommendation needed for Hippity Hop Rabbits (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

coma185
View Profile
Regular user
128 Posts

Profile of coma185
I was wondering what brand Hippity Hop Rabbits would anyone recommend. I really am interested in a magnetic set that is going to last.

Thanks!
Daniel Ulzen
View Profile
Elite user
Berlin/Germany
493 Posts

Profile of Daniel Ulzen
I would be careful to buy a magnetic set again. Maybe it doesn´t work all the time (happened to me) and then the kids see the gimmicks and you don´t feel good. There is no real need for magnets, the kids don´t think that you are putting something away and it is easy to pull the gimmicks off. But maybe my set wasn´t good enough and your set will work all the time.
Spellbinder
View Profile
Inner circle
The Holy City of East Orange, NJ
6438 Posts

Profile of Spellbinder
I've been having fun lately with a set of hippity hops I made that have, instead of tubes as covers, socks. Thet's right! I pull off my socks and pull them down over the bunnies as covers for the trick. After the usual hippity hop stuff, I pull off the socks (putting them in my pocket) to reveal the bunnies at the end and they are all holding their noses, on both sides of the plaques. I reach into my pocket for the socks and find they are missing. Oh, never mind. They are already back on my feet.
Professor Spellbinder

Professor Emeritus at the Turkey Buzzard Academy of Magik, Witchcraft and Wizardry

http://www.magicnook.com

Publisher of The Wizards' Journals
Eldon
View Profile
Inner circle
Virden, IL
1137 Posts

Profile of Eldon
Slellbinder,

That is a great routine. Funny and different. I would never use it, simply because I'm too set in my ways. I'll bet there are plenty of guys that will. All they have to do is make the rabbits.

http://www.magicnook.com/hardboard/Book1.htm#Hippity Hop Whatevers
Spellbinder
View Profile
Inner circle
The Holy City of East Orange, NJ
6438 Posts

Profile of Spellbinder
Quote:
On 2010-06-15 10:57, Eldon wrote:
Slellbinder,

That is a great routine. Funny and different. I would never use it, simply because I'm too set in my ways. I'll bet there are plenty of guys that will. All they have to do is make the rabbits.

http://www.magicnook.com/hardboard/Book1.htm

I didn't actually follow Jim's plans for making my set (shame on me!). I came up with something completely different because my rabbit plaques had to fit inside my socks, and then the socks had to be able to disappear (with the gimmicks) and finally reappear on my feet. I have too many projects juggling in the air right now, but when I finish (or they all fall down at once) I may write this one up for an e-Book if there is interest.
Professor Spellbinder

Professor Emeritus at the Turkey Buzzard Academy of Magik, Witchcraft and Wizardry

http://www.magicnook.com

Publisher of The Wizards' Journals
Whitewolfny
View Profile
Loyal user
216 Posts

Profile of Whitewolfny
Chance Wolf productions has a Hip Hop Magician. It uses magnets and I've never had any problem with them. Not to mention the art work is beautiful and so well made. It's not cheap, but I think it will last a very long time. check out Wolf Magic.
Braxton Mannar
<BR>Just an old dog trying to learn new tricks Smile
John Martin
View Profile
Inner circle
1017 Posts

Profile of John Martin
Whatever you decide to do, buy a quality set. I remember, more years ago then I want to admit, I was at Tannen's in New york City. My Dad was buying a set of H.O.R.'s and we had the choice between the regular set and the "pro" set. Not much difference in price, but a huge difference in quality. Unfortunately we bought the regular set. I think my sister sat on one of the covers!!! As I remember, the cutout rabbits were much nicer then the printed set.

John
jove
View Profile
New user
18 Posts

Profile of jove
The ones by Mak Magic are nice but they scrape very easily and aren't magnetic. As for size and color, they are great.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Recommendation needed for Hippity Hop Rabbits (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL