The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » So Happy together... » » Daryl, Wayne Houchin and Whit Haydn at the Portland Magic Jam, Sept. 24, 25 and 26. (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Dan McLean
View Profile
Inner circle
Mundus vult decipi, ergo decipiatur
1261 Posts

Profile of Dan McLean
Daryl, Wayne Houchin and Whit "Pop" Haydn are the three Aces lined up to star in the next Portland Magic Jam, slated for September 24, 25 and 26 in Portland, Oregon.
And more headliners may show up.
Magicians Greg Moreland and Dan Waterman, still basking in the praises of last year's PMJ, decided to do it again with another 3-day get-together. The scene will again be at the Portlander Inn with its lounge, convenience store, three function rooms and a huge 24-hour restaurant staffed with waitresses just dying to see your version of Ambitious Card. Special rooms rates will be available for PMJers.
Schedules are fluid at this time, but you can count on the usual and not so usual jam sessions, shows, lectures, contests, dealers tables, swap meet, panel discussions and anything else Greg and Dan can squeeze into 72 hours of almost non-stop magic. And if they can find room in an already tight schedule, director Robert Neary, will drop by to field questions after a screening of his Jerry Andrus documentary, "Andrus - The Man, The Mind & The Magic."
Registration should begin June 20 (Greg is a bit Paypal button challenged) but the site is up and running at http://www.portlandmagicjam.com. The advance registration price is $85 for adults, $45 for ages 16 and under, spouses and parents. On September 10, registration goes up to $95. The price at the door will be $105. If you have more questions after reading this brilliant advance piece and scanning their website, you can contact Greg and Dan at portlandmagicjam@yahoo.com. I believe they have included their phone numbers on the site if you really can't wait.
Rocky
View Profile
Elite user
486 Posts

Profile of Rocky
I will be back again this year as it has everything the larger conventions offer but with a more intimate and laid back feel to it. Great group of people attended in 2009 and I look forward to seeing everyone who attended at last years Jam as well as those who will be attending for the first time this year!
Rocky
Brian Proctor
View Profile
Inner circle
Somewhere
2325 Posts

Profile of Brian Proctor
This is going to be incredible! I don't know how Dan and Greg pull it off, but its just one of the coolest conventions I have ever been to! There is so much magic going on all the time.
Steve Brooks
View Profile
Founder / Manager
Northern California - United States
3780 Posts

Profile of Steve Brooks
Sounds interesting...
"Always be you because nobody else can" - Steve Brooks
Brian Proctor
View Profile
Inner circle
Somewhere
2325 Posts

Profile of Brian Proctor
It's just around the corner! And Doc Eason will be there now!
Magiguy
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
5474 Posts

Profile of Magiguy
Greatly looking forward to round 2. If it is half as good as last year then it is sure to be a blast!

I am one of the Ride Share assistants for the event, and I currently have one person in the Tri-Cities area looking to share a ride and/or a room.

Please let me know if you are interested, and I will put the two of you in touch with each other.
Greg Moreland
View Profile
New user
Oregon
1 Post

Profile of Greg Moreland
We indeed added Doc Eason as a 4th headliner this year! We're putting his lecture on Friday night, before the show. We also added a 4-headliner stage show on Saturday night, with Doc, Daryl, Wayne Houchin, and Whit Haydn.

We extended the $85 pre-registration date a few days, until Sept 12. After that it's $95, which is still a GREAT DEAL for this 3-day event! Come one, come all!

http://www.PortlandMagicJam.com
Mitch Schneiter
View Profile
Special user
West Linn, Oregon
672 Posts

Profile of Mitch Schneiter
Just paid for my registration. Last year rocked, and considering this years line-up of performers, this year will too. See ya there!
Magiguy
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
5474 Posts

Profile of Magiguy
Just about a week away! This is going to be a terrific weekend. Smile
Greg Moreland
View Profile
New user
Oregon
1 Post

Profile of Greg Moreland
It's only a couple days away! Sept 24-26 (2010)
- We tweaked the schedule a bit, nothing major - see finalized version here:
http://www.PortlandMagicJam.com
- We added Whit Haydn to the Friday night show!
- We added swap tables on Sunday for everyone to use!
- The hotel is NEAR sold out, so make a reservation if you want to stay there.

If I lived anywhere in the continental US, I'd fly in just to see the Marquee Close Up Show with Wayne Houchin, Doc Eason, Whit Haydn, and Daryl!
Danny Schreiber
View Profile
New user
Pacific Northwest
26 Posts

Profile of Danny Schreiber
Looking forward to this weekend! Looks awesome!
andyvan3226
View Profile
New user
53 Posts

Profile of andyvan3226
I'm really looking forward to the weekend! These guys do such a great job putting together the convention!
Brian Proctor
View Profile
Inner circle
Somewhere
2325 Posts

Profile of Brian Proctor
Watching pop live right now in north Portland!
Aaron Smith Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
Portland, OR
1447 Posts

Profile of Aaron Smith Magic
What an amazing convention! I'm still trippin over Wayne's needle swallowing routine... That was a killer, huh Dan?
Mitch Schneiter
View Profile
Special user
West Linn, Oregon
672 Posts

They did it again! Dan and Greg organized another great convention with amazing talent for the second year in a row. Thank you guys, looking forward to next year's Jam!
Danny Schreiber
View Profile
New user
Pacific Northwest
26 Posts

Profile of Danny Schreiber
Incredible weekend! All of that talent in one place is just awesome. Dan and Greg did such a great job again this year! Thanks guys!
Whit Haydn
View Profile
V.I.P.
5449 Posts

Profile of Whit Haydn
It was a whole bunch of fun. Magill and I had a great time.
Mitch Schneiter
View Profile
Special user
West Linn, Oregon
672 Posts

It was a treat seeing you perform live Whit. Really terrific! Thank you for coming up to the Portland Magic Jam and sharing your experience and knowledge. Looking forward to seeing how you work the squeeze-box into the act...or the ukulele. Enjoy!
Mitch Schneiter
View Profile
Special user
West Linn, Oregon
672 Posts

Quote:
On 2010-07-08 21:44, Steve Brooks wrote:
Sounds interesting...

You missed a good one.
Matt Stevens
View Profile

0 Posts

Profile of Matt Stevens
Thanks to all for taking the time to regale us with your stories and experience. The Portland Magic Jam was a very fun time.

Matt Stevens
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » So Happy together... » » Daryl, Wayne Houchin and Whit Haydn at the Portland Magic Jam, Sept. 24, 25 and 26. (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL