The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Arthur Stead's Music (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Michael Messing
View Profile
Inner circle
Knoxville, TN
1817 Posts

Profile of Michael Messing
I've already voiced my many compliments in the F/X section to Arthur Stead for the royalty free music he offers to magicians but I really wanted to add some thoughts about the great advantage his music adds to performances for children and families.

Effectively using music in your shows really takes your performances to another level and Arthur Stead is an extraordinary resource for music. He provides music specifically written for magic at a really economical price. I've always admired performers that use custom music in their shows but the cost of that is really high, which is why I've never gone that route.

With the knowledge I've gained from watching a lecture by Arthur and purchasing his lecture notes (not to mention most of his "Make It Magic" CDs), I've been able to more effectively add music to my shows and add professional touches that take my show up another notch.

In particular, I am really excited about using Arthur's "Make A Splash" theme song for the Summer library program. The librarians really like it! The branch manager at the first library I performed for this Summer asked me if I had commissioned someone locally to write the music! She was very impressed with it.

If you've ever considered adding music to your performances, you should really check out Arthur's CDs and lecture notes:

http://www.arthurstead.com

Michael
themagiciansapprentice
View Profile
Inner circle
Essex, UK
1381 Posts

Profile of themagiciansapprentice
Smile I agree
Have wand will travel! Performing children's magic in the UK for Winter 2014 and Spring 2015.
LMLipman
View Profile
Elite user
Falls Church, Va.
443 Posts

Profile of LMLipman
I have several of Arthur's CDs and although I've only been able to incorporate a few of the tracks in my show, even those have added a new level -- even in the regular birthday show.

There is a fanfare snippet that I use when introducing each child. I performed last week at a party with about 20 kids in the family room and about 20 adults loudly talking in the open and adjoining kitchen/dining room area. Despite my attempts to get them to hold the noise down they kept at it. But I found that each time I blared the fanfare to introduce a new child, the chatter subsided for a while. It also becomes a running bit of business through the show.

I'll say one more thing about Arthur. I purchased a CD from him at the Kidvention in DC. Unfortunately, it was defective. Arthur mailed me a new copy immediately, no questions asked.
Larry Lipman
Lorenzo the Great
www.lorenzomagic.com
rookrulz
View Profile
New user
91 Posts

Profile of rookrulz
I love Arthur's music AND he is a great guy! The lecture he gave at Kapital Kidvention was amazing, it was one of my favorites. He showed a magic trick without music, then with the wrong music, then with the correct type of music. It really was amazing to see.

Louis
Michael Messing
View Profile
Inner circle
Knoxville, TN
1817 Posts

Profile of Michael Messing
Yep, that's the lecture I saw on DVD and it was very inspiring!
Dennis Michael
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern, NJ
5821 Posts

Profile of Dennis Michael
There are enough of Arthur's Audio-Enhanced routines, that one should try it and find out for themselves how powerful they are.
Dennis Michael
arthur stead
View Profile
Inner circle
When I played soccer, I hit
1777 Posts

Profile of arthur stead
Hi Fellas,

Thanks for your great comments about our music. Glad it works for you and makes a difference in your shows.

Kudos shared with Leslie Stead ... my creative partner and co-writer/producer. She's a pro and deserves the same billing.

Arthur Stead
Arthur Stead
royalty-free music and interactive routines
www.arthurstead.com
KeirRoyale
View Profile
Special user
Denver, CO
550 Posts

Profile of KeirRoyale
Arthur does have great stuff, I use lots of music in my shows and in my videos (as you can see on my online videos on my site.) I really liked the library clip btw Arthur, I am not sure I have enough Library shows these days to justify buying it but it is a great clip.

Keir
c.mcbrien
View Profile
New user
Chicagoland
52 Posts

Profile of c.mcbrien
I do a more "vaudeville" type act, and I love Arthur's selections that reflect that era! I use his music quite a bit. One of the best investments I've ever made in this business since music can be very important to a show!
"Drama and ego are great for the stage, but when I'm off the stage, I drop all that crap..and don't put up with any!"

http://www.chrismcbrien.com
CarlEJones
View Profile
Elite user
Dallas, Texas
461 Posts

Profile of CarlEJones
I have some of his material and really love it.
THANK YOU for helping us carry on our laughter ministry in hospitals to kids of ALL ages. Our visits are ALWAYS free. We NEED & DEEPLY appreciate your gifts of magic so that we can do what we do. Please PM me with questions or, for a faster reply, in most cases please text or call 214-578-1601

https://youtu.be/2DbAdXKIf-A
https://youtu.be/sXXXyk6LJgE
Michael238
View Profile
Inner circle
1193 Posts

Profile of Michael238
I use Skullopini all the time. His music and routines are top of the line
Scott O.
View Profile
Inner circle
Midwest
1143 Posts

Profile of Scott O.
I purchased Skullopini back in 2006 and used it many times over the years. Recently, I was planning on doing the routine and realized it had been so long that I couldn't remember the patter. My original copy of the CD was destroyed in a fire. I still have the performance music, but not the routine or demo.

All this to ask if anyone has a printed copy of the routine you wouldn't mind sharing. I tried reaching out to Arthur, but his site is 'on hiatus' at the moment.
Do not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time you will reap a harvest, if you do not give up. Galatians 6:9
Fedora
View Profile
Special user
Arizona, usa
750 Posts

Profile of Fedora
Scott, you may want to pm him here on the Café. He posts frequently.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Arthur Stead's Music (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL