The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Did you hear the latest? » » It's Time for Magic on AGT (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Micheal Leath
View Profile
Inner circle
1048 Posts

Profile of Micheal Leath
Quote:
On 2010-06-24 16:25, lemon ice wrote:
It's really too bad about Michael Stroud. I wish he'd done that head turn move I've seen in this type of act before. That's a good one. Piers didn't even notice the masks changing? That man is oblivious.

Yeah, let's blame the audience. It couldn't have had anything to do with him acting like an idiot. Now, I know that sometimes things can be edited to look worse than they are. This guy could actually be very good at what he does. From what I saw though, he was acting crazy. No wonder most people seem to think magicians are stupid. What do I know though? I'm just a nobody amateur magician.
the Sponge
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlanta
2776 Posts

Profile of the Sponge
I thought changing masks was Jeff's thing?

s
Micheal Leath
View Profile
Inner circle
1048 Posts

Profile of Micheal Leath
Quote:
On 2010-06-24 22:56, the Sponge wrote:
I thought changing masks was Jeff's thing?

s

I've seen other magicians do color changing mask. I know Juliana Chen does.
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5841 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
I think Mike falling off the stage may have disrupted the flow of his performance.
MagicBus
View Profile
Inner circle
Kalamazoo, Michigan
2869 Posts

Profile of MagicBus
Per AGT, 6-30-2010, goes to show you need the Blackstones with some charisma to do an entertaining Ultimate Dancing Hank... the trick got Xed tonight even before it got going...
MagicBus
View Profile
Inner circle
Kalamazoo, Michigan
2869 Posts

Profile of MagicBus
But at least Debra from Kalamazoo is going to Vegas. Yah Baby!
NicholasD
View Profile
Inner circle
1458 Posts

Profile of NicholasD
I'm not sure why anyone would attempt an act with masks after seeing Jeff McBride's act.

Another observation: If someone's going to perform magic on AGT, they'd better wow the judges and the audience within the first 10 seconds. A good example is the magician attempting the dancing hank. He lost the audience and the judges just trying the set up the hank.
dpe666
View Profile
Inner circle
2895 Posts

Profile of dpe666
Whenever I see a magician get up on AGT, I always cringe and plead to God that the magician does well. It seems that there is no shortage of people who are willing to get up on national TV (world wide with the internet) and totally humiliate themselves. When it is a magician, and they blow it, they ruin it for the rest of us...especially those of us working guys. Smile
randyburtis
View Profile
Inner circle
1256 Posts

Profile of randyburtis
The mask thing goes back B4 jeff, to chinese theatre, it is called face changing, or bian lian
Randy Burtis
Calgary's Kid Show Magician
www.calgarymagician.com
www.Facebook.com/calgarymagician
JRob
View Profile
Veteran user
Central South Carolina
395 Posts

Profile of JRob
Quote:
On 2010-07-07 14:09, randyburtis wrote:
The mask thing goes back B4 jeff, to chinese theatre, it is called face changing, or bian lian

Thank you. It is becoming tiresome reading people who should know better acting like everybody who does masks is ripping off Jeff. Now if all they are doing is his mask routine right down to imitating his mannerisms that's one thing. But I doubt that anybody will confuse his with Julianna's routine.
"Jim Roberts, AKA: Professor Jay Rob "<br>
The Professor's Facebook Page
revlovejoy
View Profile
Special user
Pennsylvania
765 Posts

Profile of revlovejoy
My issue with the mask changing was not "McBride did it" but that the impact was so minimal that the judges weren't sure what the act was supposed to be. Oh, and he took a dive off the stage.
randyburtis
View Profile
Inner circle
1256 Posts

Profile of randyburtis
The chinese face change can be very impactful and play to a large group, performance is everything in this, and sadly the dive was the most engaging thing ,imo in that performance
Randy Burtis
Calgary's Kid Show Magician
www.calgarymagician.com
www.Facebook.com/calgarymagician
magicnewswire
View Profile
Inner circle
1947 Posts

Profile of magicnewswire
Here's the next installment with all of the magicians watching and commenting on one another:
http://bit.ly/c2kNti
Dodd Vickers

Host/Producer/Editor

The Magic Newswire

Twitter

iTunes Link
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5841 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
Again, Mike Stroud of mask and falling off stage fame is one of the most talented magicians I've ever seen. He is a freak on purpose for some reason, theatrical, but you have not seen how good he really is.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Did you hear the latest? » » It's Time for Magic on AGT (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL