The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » A Thought for Today (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

William Draven
View Profile
Elite user
Las Vegas, NV
486 Posts

Profile of William Draven
I was thinking a bit on this, and it occurred to me that perhaps the apotheosis of man is personified in his quest for magical knowledge and mastery over the illusionary arts. Where other can man truely come so close to equalling the precieved powers of god, and enjoy the wonders of creation but through his own art?
DWRackley
View Profile
Inner circle
Chattanooga, TN
1909 Posts

Profile of DWRackley
This is good thought practice, but I’d always assumed it as a given.

As a “power”, Magic stands unequalled in its capacity to place one above the masses. Businesses need to control what the public believes in order to excel. Financial leaders must “finesse” the figures to suit the audience, if they wish to remain in control. Even political power must be reinforced by illusion and misdirection. (Earlier rulers actually had magicians as court notables if not actual officers or celebrities.)

Other forms of power govern only a limited scope and may be achieved by anyone bold enough, clever enough, or stupid enough to make the attempt. Magic in its purest form is (to all appearances) an exclusive and solitary domain, the pinnacle of which mere mortals may gain only by cheap trickery.

That, and I like making stuff float…

:cool:
...what if I could read your mind?

Chattanooga's Premier Mentalist

Donatelli and Company at ChattanoogaPerformers.com

also on FaceBook
Stanyon
View Profile
Inner circle
Landrum, S.C. by way of Chicago
3433 Posts

Profile of Stanyon
To quote HB Jr. "We're gonna do a card trick!"
Stanyon

aka Steve Taylor

"Every move a move!"

"If you've enjoyed my performance half as much as I've enjoyed performing for you, then you've enjoyed it twice as much as me!"
professorwhut
View Profile
Inner circle
Posts R US sold me
1353 Posts

Profile of professorwhut
Quote:
On 2010-06-17 23:47, Stanyon wrote:
To quote HB Jr. "We're gonna do a card trick!"

That made my day. Smile
After much soul searching about a signature, I decided not to have one.

TG Pop [aka ProfessorWhut]
Mr. Mystoffelees
View Profile
Inner circle
I haven't changed anyone's opinion in
3623 Posts

Profile of Mr. Mystoffelees
Well, that can get you to high places, guys...

Father Guido Sarducci: "To be made a saint in-a the catholic church, you have to have-a four miracles. That's-a the rules, you know. It's-a always been that-a. Four miracles, and-a to prove it. Well, this-a Mother Seton-now they could only prove-a three miracles. But the Pope-he just waved the fourth one. He just waved it! And do you know why? It's-a because she was American. It's all-a politics. We got-a some Italian-a people, they got-a forty, fifty, sixty miracles to their name. They can't-a get in just cause they say there's already too many Italian saints, and this woman comes along with-a three lousy miracles. I understand that-a two of them was-a card tricks."

Jim Smile
Also known, when doing rope magic, as "Cordini"
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » A Thought for Today (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL