The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Tarot instruction (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

aligator
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
2044 Posts

Profile of aligator
I am experienced in doing tarot readings but not in teaching tarot. I will soon be conducting a 90 minute seminar on tarot for beginners at a local library - should be about 15 in attendance. I am thinking of having each participant give a one card reading as the hardest thing for beginners is to just get started and maybe that will help them over the hump.It would also get them focused on interpreting what they see on a particular card which I think should be done in advance of memorizing traditional interpretations. There won't be time to cover this on a card by card basis anyway. Would be grateful for any comments and suggestions as to what might be appropriate for beginners in that time frame.
bevbevvybev
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
2674 Posts

Profile of bevbevvybev
Anything to get them out of the daunting mindset of 'here's 78 cards you have to memorise before you can do anything'

If you can see how your own mind puts two and two together as a natural process regarding images and metaphors you can get get a better understanding in how everyone else works - making it much easier to 'give' a reading

So I think you're right
mastermindreader
View Profile
1949 - 2017
Seattle, WA
12586 Posts

Profile of mastermindreader
In addition to the Major Arcana, perhaps a general overview of the meanings and attributions of the suits and general numerological interpretations of the numbers 1-10 would be helpful. This would give them the ability to quickly learn the basics of the Minor Arcana. (And also provide them with the ability to read standard playing cards. This was the approach I used years ago when I taught Tarot to beginners.

Good thoughts,

Bob
dennper
View Profile
Loyal user
242 Posts

Profile of dennper
Need a nice beginners book to sell them at your workshops? Smile

http://www.privatetarot.com/LearnTarot.html

Bulk discounts available.
aligator
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
2044 Posts

Profile of aligator
Thanks Bev and Bob. I'll take a pass on the book. I do not intend to sell anything at this event.
JohnWells
View Profile
Inner circle
The Southern Wild
1791 Posts

Profile of JohnWells
Loren Tindal's "Journey Within" @ mindseyeview.com is an excellent workshop instructor's guide.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Tarot instruction (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL