The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Whit Haydn Appreciation Thread » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Lawrence O
View Profile
Inner circle
French Riviera
6811 Posts

Profile of Lawrence O
Since some magicians kindly initiated an appreciation thread for Bill Palmer and others for myself, it feels like the best of us should be duly celebrated next to these tributes. Thus I feel honored to initiate this thread.

Whit has the experience, the talent, the culture, the intelligence, the charm, the education which place him, IMHO, at the very top of our community.

I've been learning several fundamental things from Whit and it feels good for me to know that someone really understands what "panache" is and how it can influence magic.

Thank you Whit for your invaluable contributions.
Magic is the art of emotionally sharing live impossible situations
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24315 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
I've known Whit for a very long time. He came to lecture in Houston during the 1970's, I think it was at the TAOM Convention in 1976.

Since then, we have stayed in touch rather marginally, but he has always been willing to help me when I needed information. This was especially true when I founded the cups and balls museum.

Whit has a very deep knowledge of magic and how it works based upon his own life experience, as well as close contact with the people who "know."

There are few that could not benefit from reading what Whit has posted or listening to him discuss the intricacies of magic.

I'm proud to call him a friend.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
Tom Fenton
View Profile
Inner circle
Leeds, UK (but I'm Scottish)
1477 Posts

Profile of Tom Fenton
I always enjoy reading Mr. Haydn's posts, I have learned from every one of them.

I have also seen some of his work on You-Tube etc and I have to say that it is exemplary.
Hopefully, one day I will have the pleasure to see him work "in person".

Thank you Mr. Haydn.
"But there isn't a door"
Alan Wheeler
View Profile
Inner circle
Posting since 2002 with
2038 Posts

Profile of Alan Wheeler
Someone once called Whit Haydn the "People's Choice." As one of those who he has treated with kindness and respect--even when I posted things here a little beyond my knowledge and experience, I can understand why Whit Haydn might be given that description. Few people have exhibited the patience, kindness, good sportsmanship, and democratic spirit that Whit always displays. This humility and generosity, this willingness to coach and teach and share ideas with anyone is a rare quality to be treasured even more than the vast magical resources Whit has made available over the years.

Thank you, Whit Haydn! God bless you!
The views and comments expressed on this post may be mere speculation and are not necessarily the opinions, values, or beliefs of Alan Wheeler.
A BLENDED PATH
Christian Reflections on Tarot
Word Crimes
Technology and Faith........Bad Religion
funsway
View Profile
Inner circle
old things in new ways - new things in old ways
9988 Posts

Profile of funsway
In order to appreciate the tremendous value of Whit offers on Café' threads, one must appreciate how he has changed his presentations over decades to meet the needs of changing cultural and audience expectations. Along the way he has created 'timeless' effects that make you want to see him perform live.

In a world where many only experience awe and wonder vicariously, he now offers a live show for the entire family -- that is appreciation!
"the more one pretends at magic, the more awe and wonder will be found in real life." Arnold Furst

eBooks at https://www.lybrary.com/ken-muller-m-579928.html questions at ken@eversway.com
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24315 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
Whit's ability to think on his feet, which is, to my mind, obviously connected to his early work as a busker, has given the magic world some really interesting tools. One of these was his version of "Out of This World" that he performed with a blind spectator.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
tabman
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
5946 Posts

Profile of tabman
OK, I got to work with WH when I was hotel shows dir for the IBM. I think it was in SLC. He shared his work on the endless chain with me and I gave him a Tabman wand. Pete Biro always booked only the best (all-round human and magic) and I appreciated meeting Whit and getting to know him on a friendly basis. Ive followed him since then and do appreciate him as well as Pete for exposing me to so many early on who have turned out to be today's greats.

That's you Whit. Congratulations!!!
...Your professional woodworking and "tender" loving care in the products you make, make the wait worthwhile. Thanks for all you do...

http://Sefalaljia.com
marD
View Profile
Loyal user
274 Posts

Profile of marD
While I've never met WHit in person and never had a lot of time to talk with him, I have learned a lot from his writings and his work. He is always generous and has been an inspiration for me.

Thank you Pop!
At Ease Tees - Christian apparel and other items!
Tony Thomas
View Profile
Inner circle
North Carolina
1248 Posts

Profile of Tony Thomas
Whit is definitely an influence on my magic. His appreciation is much deserved a I agree, he is tops in the profession. I especially appreciate his Bill in Lemon Teleportation Device, and his Comedy 4 Ring Routine for the Linking Rings, not to mention the school for scoundrels and all the DVD's they have available. Thank you Whit & keep them coming...
From the Encouraging Magic of...
Tony Thomas
www.magictonythomas.com
Dave Scribner
View Profile
Assistant Manager
Lake Hopatcong, NJ
4855 Posts

Profile of Dave Scribner
Where the magic begins
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Whit Haydn Appreciation Thread » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL