The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tenyo of Japan » » Another noise problem - Telesphere (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

edshern
View Profile
Special user
957 Posts

Profile of edshern
Just got Teleshpere and found:
1- You can't do it on a hard surface, like the kitchen table.
2- when the gimmick does it's thing (don't want to give anything away) there is a definite rattle. Anyone have a solution they found works?
As always, thanks for any help.
Ed
stereo
View Profile
Inner circle
France - Paris
1455 Posts

Profile of stereo
There is no rattle when you perform Telesphere if you made it slowly when you put back the hood. Do that simply softly. I made the test on a hard surface and there is no noise.
It is a very good trick whit good quality of the props.
See you !
stereo
View Profile
Inner circle
France - Paris
1455 Posts

Profile of stereo
I add that it is exactly the same thing with Crystal Pyramid or other tricks, if you perform it slowly there is no noise...
stereo
View Profile
Inner circle
France - Paris
1455 Posts

Profile of stereo
I am sadden, I am not very goodin English and I did not understand the first part of the concerning problem whit hard surface. Effectively if you make slowly when you put back the hood on the tube you will have no problem with the noise. But when it is a question of putting the hood on the table it is more difficult To mask the noise by going there slowly.

I think that the solution is to make it slowly while diverting at the same time the attention of the public by speaking or by means of the empty tube to make a noise by lifting(raising) him (it) to put him (it) at the same moment as you put the hood on the table.

At this moment it is very important to you don't look at the tube when you put it on the table Because if you look at him(it) the public will also look at him(it) he will be very attentive to the noise. Try rather to look public in eyes and to catch their eye so that their attention is not carried(worn) towards the tube.

The ideal is all the same to use a soft surface Smile
oombob
View Profile
Special user
Canada
844 Posts

Profile of oombob
Telesphere is such a cool little Tenyo item... stereo's performance tips are right on the money.
magic patagonia
View Profile
Special user
570 Posts

Profile of magic patagonia
Check this stage size Telesphere:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aXOKQb4Bvo0
Houdini103126
View Profile
Elite user
407 Posts

Profile of Houdini103126
Agree.

Telesphere is a wonderful trick.

I need to pick one up.
DLF
View Profile
Regular user
LA via NYC
145 Posts

Profile of DLF
That giant one is bad ass.
Ok, I'll meet you at the place near the thing where we went that time.
Killertweety
View Profile
Inner circle
Belgium (-Europe)
1457 Posts

Profile of Killertweety
Telesphere is an ingenious effect but I think, as mentioned, you have to be very carefull when performing it.

- Apart from the noise it sometimes makes (and I'm taking Stereo's excellent advice into account),
- once in a while (at least in the 'version' I have), the 'gimmick' is (a litle bit) visible when I lift the 'cover'.

Perhaps it is just me not squeezing enough ... but of course this is easily resolved when you hold the tubes with the opening towards yourself (does this till look 'natural'?) ... .

In my opinion a great trick for friends and family, but absolutely not for (semi)-professionals ... . Or perhaps I'm underestimating this trick ... Smile

Oh and Roberto, thanks for the video of the 'stage size' version. Very nice indeed Smile Would Tenyo have given permission to use the method ... or did Tenyo used a method that already existed?
Anyway, the 'stage'-version won't have the 'sound' problem at all I think.
J M Talbot
View Profile
Inner circle
3058 Posts

Profile of J M Talbot
Agree with Killertweety's comments. This is a cool trick but even with careful performance noise will be somewhat an issue, and it is difficult not to cause suspicion with how the covers sometimes need to be handled. It is clever and fun to play with however. If I had a second set I didn't mind "tinkering" with I would try removing the bottom of the gimmicks and attaching two stands of invisible sewing elastic. If this could be done I think it would eliminate the noise issue and make the overall handling much smoother.

The large version on the link above is cool, at $267 a little pricey. I wonder if they have permission from Tenyo... I doubt it.

John
Nicolino
View Profile
Inner circle
2893 Posts

Profile of Nicolino
The giant version is a little bit cheaper in Germany ($220) - don't know the reason, though!?
BTW, the performance was terrible, he should have hold his hands always the same when lifiting the tube...
The Mati Envelope
A brandnew peek device for the working mentalist!

Chance's Token
Tarot cards in a scenic piece of mystery.....
Houdini103126
View Profile
Elite user
407 Posts

Profile of Houdini103126
Telesphere is a beautiful trick. Noise DOESN'T have to be a factor with any trick unless it's just unreasonable to mask.
MeetMagicMike
View Profile
Inner circle
Gainesville Fl
3504 Posts

Profile of MeetMagicMike
At the end of the stage version the two yellow balls turn into silks AND return to the tube!
Magic Mike

MeetMagicMike.com

I took the Pledge
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tenyo of Japan » » Another noise problem - Telesphere (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL