The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You Oughta Be In Pictures » » My new Balloon twisting logo... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Sammy the Kid
View Profile
Veteran user
Southern Illinois
314 Posts

Profile of Sammy the Kid
Just sketched this up. I'm thinking of using the finished product as a coloring sheet for giveaways. Let me know what you think... I can take it.
http://i281.photobucket.com/albums/kk213......man2.jpg
rannie
View Profile
Inner circle
4375 Posts

Profile of rannie
Sammy,

This made me feel like a kid again back in the 70's. I don't know but I thought it was a great "throwback". It's probably my age now... ha ha ha. For the "now" generation... I think a real photo might do you better. A little photoshop here and there perhaps. I think it's better that they remember what you really look like. This way, they can even spot you in a party perhaps and say.... "yeah! Tha's Sam!"

Cheers and Mabuhay from Sunny Manila!

Rannie
"If you can't teach an old dog new tricks, trick the old dog to learn."

-Rannie Raymundo-
aka The Boss
aka The Manila Enforcer

www.rannieraymundo.com
www.tapm.proboards80.net
Danny Diamond
View Profile
Inner circle
Connecticut
1400 Posts

Profile of Danny Diamond
There are a lot of little design elements that you could tweak in it, to help it out.

-Move the "Balloon Man" type to the right a bit, in order to get the edge of the type (the B, in particular) off the edge of the burst. The two edges touching is not comfortable.

-The same can be done for the top of the "Balloon Man" type - move it down though, to get the top of the type off the edge of the burst. Overall, make sure no lettering edge, kisses up to the edge of the burst. The exclamation point is fine to be breaking the burst, as you have it - although I'd shift it's position, relative to the burst pointing up behind it.

-I'd make the balloon doggy much bigger. At that size, it's almost tough to identify it immediately. And if this is going to really be a coloring sheet, you'll want to make it bigger so that the kids can have fun coloring it in.

-In general, I'd clean up the type. Was it hand-drawn or a font you chose and tweaked? The type looks a bit sloppy overall.

Not trying to be a design-snob or anything, just trying to help. Good luck!
You don't drown by falling in the water;

you drown by staying there.

- Edwin Louis Cole
Sammy the Kid
View Profile
Veteran user
Southern Illinois
314 Posts

Profile of Sammy the Kid
Rannie, for my business cards I do use an actual photograph. http://i281.photobucket.com/albums/kk213......7506.jpg
I do appreciate the suggestions though.

Danny,
I didn't take you for a design snob at all. That's the kind of critique I'm looking for. The font is a true type font called COMIX that I liked because its a bit playful. The exclamation point is actually integrated into the piece of royalty free clipart burst and the font also kind of matched it. The only hand drawn part was the cartoon of me. I was a bit bored one afternoon so I broke out the sketch pad and doodled it up. http://i281.photobucket.com/albums/kk213......ogo2.jpg

Thanks for the comments, guys!
MagicB1S
View Profile
Inner circle
Knoxville Tenn.
1039 Posts

Profile of MagicB1S
I like it.... I think from a kids point of view they will enjoy recieving it and coloring it, Maybe you can get your contact information on it.
"There are Tricks To All Trades.... My Trade is all Tricks"

"An amature practices until he gets it right. A Professional Practices until he can't get it wrong"

www.Themagicchest.webs.com
bobswislosky@yahoo.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You Oughta Be In Pictures » » My new Balloon twisting logo... (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL