The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » A Card Merely Thought Of (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7
Anthony Jacquin
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
2220 Posts

Profile of Anthony Jacquin
I have been especially enjoying 'Fields of Vision' by Sean Waters. Brilliant double thought of card with a borrowed shuffled deck.

Anthony
Anthony Jacquin

Reality is Plastic! The Art of Impromptu Hypnosis
Updated for 2016

Now on Kindle and Audible!
entity
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
5060 Posts

Profile of entity
Yes, I was very pleased to include Sean's routine, along with those of David Alexander, Hector Chadwick and Mick Ayres, in the hard-cover edition of A Card Merely Thought Of...

All fine thinkers and very generous to allow me to include their work in the book.

- entity
Waters
View Profile
Inner circle
2508 Posts

Profile of Waters
Anthony,

Thank you for the generous comment about "Fields of Vision". It really is one of my favorite impromptu effects with cards. It is a workhorse. I appreciate you taking the time to comment about it. It's a lot of fun.

Tom,

I was honored to be a part of the project and could not be more pleased to be (the lesser) among such esteemed company. I realize my routine doesn't exactly meet the requirements of true "thought-of card" routine (as defined in the early part of the book), so all the more, I am pleased to have been able to participate. You sincerely have my thanks.

With regards,

Waters
Ben Harris
View Profile
V.I.P.
The Land Down Under
2126 Posts

Profile of Ben Harris
Sean,

It's taken a while, but I'm no starting to delve into your wonderful books. Great stuff. Well thought out and with an eye on impact!

Tom,

I'm looking forward to devouring/studying your acclaimed book.

Benny
+Inventor of the world famous Floating Match+
+Author: Machinations (Vanishing Inc, 2020)+
EVERYTHING BEN HARRIS
ELDEMONIO
View Profile
Regular user
159 Posts

Profile of ELDEMONIO
This book is amazing!!! Thank you Tom, and contributors. Pure genius!
silverking
View Profile
Inner circle
4574 Posts

Profile of silverking
I recall being shown the 4-5-6 Packet Trick for the first time by Sal Piacante.
I didn't have any idea of the method, and the effect elicited an exhale of air from my lungs upon the reveal.

Tom's book has nothing to do with the methodology behind the 456 packet trick (which is perhaps a "poor mans" Card Merely Thought Of), but every effect in Tom's book will similarly elicit that unexpected exhale of air from fellow card workers and laymen alike.

Tom's book is filled with this kind of material, but done cleanly and leaving the spectator nothing to do but exhale.
The book is chock'a'block with difficult to acquire information. It's well written and easy to understand.
Tom knows his material, and his guest authors have offered up some frankly amazing takes on the theme.

This is the kind of card magic you've likely dreamed about doing, but never really had a single, comprehensive resource to study.

The key word is "study".......this isn't packet trick magic, and it's not a book of self-working miracles.
Re-read that last sentence........the real work requires you to rise to the challenge. This is some of the most exciting card work you'll ever attempt, but the operative word here is definitely "you".

Tom's book talks about the kind of card handling most every card worker I've ever met has aspired to, and talks about it in extreme detail.

Absolutely brilliant.
entity
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
5060 Posts

Profile of entity
Yow. silverking: Can I get you to write my eulogy, when my time comes?

Thanks for the VERY kind words.

The only thing that I might add is that the book is directed towards MENTALISM with cards. Magicians may also apply the ideas and principles to their work.

T. Baxter
vinnymac
View Profile
Regular user
152 Posts

Profile of vinnymac
Just wanted to add that I am also very happy with my copy of the book and keeping it in very safe, as I value it very much.

The additional contributions are all excellent, especially, as others have said, Fields of Vision, and Hector Chadwick's notes and Foreword as well.

I would have loved to have been a fly on the wall at that meeting between Tom and Hector that Hector described in the Foreword.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » A Card Merely Thought Of (2 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL