The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Jay Sankey coin production (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

redstreak
View Profile
Inner circle
A.K.A David Kong
1368 Posts

Profile of redstreak
There is a great coin production in Revolutionary coin magic of Jay Sankey. I forgot the name, he holds his hands up with his arms crossed and making a ring with each finger and thumb, sort of what he referrs to as the "master magican" pose. If you have the video you should know what I'm talking about. Anyway, does anybody have a routine that makes this practical? I think that it is a great idea.
magic1178
View Profile
Loyal user
215 Posts

Profile of magic1178
Howdy Red,if you remember the video,the routine he is doing,I think is practical Smile
You produce the coins and with the exception of 2 of them(wink wink,nudge nudge),your good to go on to any coin routine your little heart desires
Derek Smile
Derek Johnston
SDR
View Profile
Elite user
430 Posts

Profile of SDR
Quote:
On 2003-06-28 01:38, redstreak wrote:
I forgot the name,

Its called the Black Stack production
MrCyNic
View Profile
Loyal user
England
238 Posts

Profile of MrCyNic
Yeah, the Blackstack production. I've used it a couple of times and then switched out the you-know-whats as I moved into the next effect.

Now I use the same basic presentation but a totally different method. I found that I could conceal four coins in each hand using a variation of that peculiar Jimmy Wilson grip. The effect is basically the same, but I don't need to clean up afterwards. Also, I can pour the coins from my hands more freely, without worrying about giving the game away.

Cheers,

Cy.
Dan Watkins
View Profile
Inner circle
PA
3028 Posts

Profile of Dan Watkins
I personally thought it was a rediculous production, but that's me.

Then again I don't dress in black every day.
Click to visit:
MrCyNic
View Profile
Loyal user
England
238 Posts

Profile of MrCyNic
Yeah, it is an odd idea, but when I see something that far off the map I just have to try it out. I can't help myself.

It didn't fit my style well so I changed the method to one that did. The J.W. Grip I'm using now suits me much better, and I don't have to strike a rigid pose before the production.

But I do still dress in black every day.

Cheers,

Cy.
sleightofhand1
View Profile
Elite user
446 Posts

Profile of sleightofhand1
at least it was better than his routine that he used with slices of bread, anyone remember what video that came off of ???
Martino
View Profile
Special user
Manchester, UK
928 Posts

Profile of Martino
That was on "Short and Sweet". It had to be a joke, I mean, Elmsley counting slices of bread, c'mon!
"There's a difference between not knowing how something is done and knowing it can't be done!" - Simon Aronson
Sellaz
View Profile
New user
5 Posts

Profile of Sellaz
The Elmsley count was easy compared to the BoTop change with bread. To me that was one of Sankey's finer moments.

Jamie
wsduncan
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
3619 Posts

Profile of wsduncan
All of this pales in comarison to the video
"Oh my God".
Not funny
Not magic
Not worthy of Sankey's talent or my money.
dmk_kirkland
View Profile
Loyal user
256 Posts

Profile of dmk_kirkland
Just a comment on the idea - Daryl has used this type of idea with several of his marketed items. He looked at using this idea in his 3 Fly routine.
Cheers,
David
SDR
View Profile
Elite user
430 Posts

Profile of SDR
Quote:
On 2003-07-02 01:28, wsduncan wrote:
Not funny

You mean you think it is not funny? A definative statement like that is purely un true. Have you read Jays book on comedy? The man is an absolute genius! He also goes into depth about just what *funny* is, you miht want to check it out!
indianajones
View Profile
Regular user
102 Posts

Profile of indianajones
What is the title of the book?
SDR
View Profile
Elite user
430 Posts

Profile of SDR
Zen and the Art of Comedy
wsduncan
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
3619 Posts

Profile of wsduncan
Shaun,
Have you WATCHED the video? The closest he comes to humor is when he does the Adams “Spiked Coin” with a Kennedy half dollar and assassination conspiracy theory patter.

It’s not ACTUALLY funny but it’s at least somewhat clever. The rest of the stuff is sophomoric drivel. I was embarrassed for him…

I really love some of Jay’s magic and many of his performances are filled with clever and subtle humor but "Oh My God" never gets above the level of the fart joke.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Jay Sankey coin production (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL