The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » TALES FROM THE UNCANNY SCOT (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

martinkaplan
View Profile
Special user
Los Angeles
562 Posts

Profile of martinkaplan
Ron Wilson’s new book, TALES FROM THE UNCANNY SCOT, was delivered to my door a little before 5:00 PM this afternoon. I finished it a little before 7:00 PM, having read it from cover to cover. I could literally not put in down. The stories that Ron tells of his years at the Castle and all the people he encountered along the way during his lifetime in magic are treasures. I know now more about the Castle and the likes of Vernon, Miller, Crandall, Platt, Jennings, Ose and company, in spite of being a twenty-seven year member of the AMA. The photos in the book are priceless. I had never seen most of them before. If you are a student of magic or a student of the history of magic, you need to purchase this book. Did I mention that the purchase price also includes a DVD, which includes some of Ron’s reminiscences, as well as the teaching of his Highland Hop effect, as well as instruction on the second deal? Do yourself a favor and buy this book for yourself and for someone whom you know who loves magic.

-Marty
insight
View Profile
Inner circle
3095 Posts

Profile of insight
Thanks for the recommendation, Marty!

Regards,
Mike
shomemagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Missouri
2231 Posts

Profile of shomemagic
This is on my to get list NOW...I can't hardly wait
Magically,

Mike King - Sho-Me Magic

You can e-mail me at: shomemagic@gmail.com
(a)ndy
View Profile
Regular user
New Zealand
164 Posts

Profile of (a)ndy
I have been looking forward to this book for a long time. I really enjoyed the orginal Ron Wilson book.

My order is in.
Peo Olsson
View Profile
Inner circle
Stockholm, Sweden
3260 Posts

Profile of Peo Olsson
Where can it be purchased from and what is the price?
Pictured to the left my hero and me during FISM 2006 in Stockholm.
duanebarry
View Profile
Special user
883 Posts

Profile of duanebarry
Colonel Clark
View Profile
Regular user
Mesa, AZ
127 Posts

Profile of Colonel Clark
I think it is a GREAT book. The funniest line is where Ron tells us why the French started putting a "strokay thing" through the number seven! The chapter on Jim Cooper brought back very fond memories of late night sessions with him and others in the Blackstone Room.
PaulGreen
View Profile
Inner circle
1133 Posts

Profile of PaulGreen
Hi Everyone,

This is a wonderful read! For those that want to know what the Magic Castle was like in the Golden Years, this is a must have.

For those close to the Magic Castle, Ron Wilson will be doing a book-signing on August 10, 2010. I will be there, I hope you will attend as well.

Respectfully,

Paul Green
dsalley13
View Profile
Elite user
465 Posts

Profile of dsalley13
Does anyone know how to get in touch with Mr. Wilson? I was just sent one of "The Uncanny Scot" books and it came in terrible condition. It was mailed in a tight fitting box. This is the kiss of death for a book's corners when it enters our modern USPS Automated Regional Sorting Centers. With an over-sized box you can cushion the corners of books with bubble wrap or even crumpled newsprint. Sent as it was, it had the misfortune of having all 4 corners crushed to the point of the card board interior coming out.

I sure wish Magic booksellers would finally get this!!! How many of us have had the typical $50.00+ Magic book sent in a stupidly tight box or even a bubble bag mailer? The results kind of su@k, don't they?

The website to buy the book has no e-mail listing or I wouldn't bother you all with this.

Please PM me if you have any clue on contacting Ron Wilson

Thanks,

dsalley13
lebowski
View Profile
Veteran user
377 Posts

Profile of lebowski
You can contact Ron through his facebook page:

http://www.facebook.com/UncannyScot?ref=search
dsalley13
View Profile
Elite user
465 Posts

Profile of dsalley13
Found it:

book@uncannyscot.com

If anybody else receives a beat to cr@p copy of this book, that's the e-mail to use to attempt to get an actually NEW, new book.

dsalley13
dsalley13
View Profile
Elite user
465 Posts

Profile of dsalley13
Quick response! Steve said a new copy will be mailed today.

dsalley13
T. Joseph O'Malley
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
1937 Posts

Profile of T. Joseph O'Malley
My copy showed up today and it was just fine. Looking forward to reading this. The bonus dvd is a real treat.
tjo'
Tom G
View Profile
Inner circle
2895 Posts

Profile of Tom G
I just got mine and watched the DVD which was great. Can't wait to dig into the book. Great job.
Gary Fabjance
View Profile
New user
53 Posts

Profile of Gary Fabjance
You can now get your copy from your favorite magic dealer as it is now being distributed by Murphy’s Magic Supplies.
Nom de Guerre
View Profile
New user
82 Posts

Profile of Nom de Guerre
Most probably know this by now, but Mr. Wilson left us last Friday. I was in a magic shop on Saturday when I heard the news. I looked through a copy of "Tales From the Uncanny Scot," and it is filled with beautiful photographs of old Hollywood, the Magic Castle, and many of the famous magicians and celebrities that Ron Wilson encountered over the years. I will be adding it to my library before long.

R.I.P. Mr. Wilson
Magical Dimensions
View Profile
Inner circle
5001 Posts

Profile of Magical Dimensions
So, is this a re-printing of his book from LONG ago?

Ray
mumford
View Profile
Special user
652 Posts

Profile of mumford
Two different books. The original Uncanny Scot is a book of routines, the recent "TALES..." is a book of anecdotes.
slim23
View Profile
Veteran user
309 Posts

Profile of slim23
I recently started getting interested in Ron Wilson's magic and life at the magic castle being a great Dai Vernon fan and ordered his book one day before he passed away. It's kind of weird...

Looking forward on reading his life's tales.

Slim
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » TALES FROM THE UNCANNY SCOT (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL