The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Copperfeild snow illusion (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

miraclesawait
View Profile
New user
61 Posts

Profile of miraclesawait
I haven't been able to find what I'm looking for so I decided to ask it here Ive been looking around for what or is similar to what Copperfield used for his snow illusion. Im doing a Christmas in July show and would love to add it to the show for them.
jimhlou
View Profile
Inner circle
3698 Posts

Profile of jimhlou
See: http://www.kjmagic.com

Click on "catalog". I hope you have deep pockets!

Jim
ClintonMagus
View Profile
Inner circle
Southwestern Southeast
3997 Posts

Profile of ClintonMagus
I think he is referring to the one that is built into the platform. Seems that I read years ago that this is a Copperfield "exclusive", and is not sold anywhere...
Things are more like they are today than they've ever been before...
Sam Sandler
View Profile
Inner circle
2487 Posts

Profile of Sam Sandler
Copperfield did not use a snow animator his snow was a checmical flake not paper!

I spoke to the company that made the units to fill the theatres and they are $7000 a piece.
however the small unit hidden on him is not availabl anywhere although there are some similar products on the market but nothing that I think is as good as what he had.

NOW if you are just looking to do snow storm in china the basic effect then there are lots of possibilities for you.

Pm me and I can offer some help.

sam
sam sandler- America's only full-time DEAF Illusionist
http://www.samsandler.com
http://www.deafinitelymagic.com
Laszlo Csizmadi
View Profile
Special user
From Hell
868 Posts

Profile of Laszlo Csizmadi
David used Kevin's snow effect.

Best,

Las
Illucifer
View Profile
Inner circle
1403 Posts

Profile of Illucifer
David did use Kevin's effect, Laszlo, but not Kevin's method. As stated above, the snow from David's hands is the same chemical snow that is falling in the theatre. His method was quite a bit more complex than Kev's.
It's all in the reflexes.
miraclesawait
View Profile
New user
61 Posts

Profile of miraclesawait
Thanks Guys Kevin's Method is what I was looking for but I need bigger pockets before I get that. is there anything that will give me that same effect but a different method. I'll show you my routine for the Snow storm I do now let me know how I can change it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GhcB6ak9hT8

Its at the very end of this clip. 9:00 I believe it starts

thanks everyone
ClintonMagus
View Profile
Inner circle
Southwestern Southeast
3997 Posts

Profile of ClintonMagus
Some people think it is hokey, but I don't see how a Snowstorm could be effectively presented without a proper storyline. Otherwise, it's just s dude tearing up some paper and making a mess of the stage...
Things are more like they are today than they've ever been before...
Sam Sandler
View Profile
Inner circle
2487 Posts

Profile of Sam Sandler
Clintonmagus
your right for the most part snow storm illusion really does need to be set to a story line however I would ask NEVER use the story of "as a child I never saw snow!"

its amazing how many magicians never saw snow as a child! LOL

that being said I can think of ways to do it with out a spoken story line.
danny cole does it during his manip act where he produces some CDs then breaks them and viola now fans th e pieces producing a flurry of silver snow.

Jeff McBride does it with his kabuki act where he throws kabuki streamers then gathers them up soaks them and then prduces the snow.

but I still say a spoken story line is best. I have been performing my original snow storm for over 10 years and love the illusion.

OK now lets answer some of miriclesawiat questions.

#1 you need the proper fan to move the snow
#2 you need a real routine to create a much better reaction from your audience
#3 you need the right snow storm loads
#4 to increase the snow in the audience you can get small snow machines from CHaveut or american DJ you can get them as low as $200 soem times even better if you look right after christmas!

I should probably answer the question above and I will however I still hope people will buy my New DVD coming out soon on this very subject snow storm. I recently did a pod cast on the subject or a magic magazine you can search it here on the Café.

ok #1 the right fan- many dealers sell them and so do I contact them. Or am I allowed to expose wh ere you can get them really cheap! the same fan the dealers sell but you cn get one if you live in the right area. that cyrptic enough

#2 a routine will take time to develop you need to get yourself th e core story line then script it out. once you have your story then you can work the mechanics of the effect. Prop placement how to steal how to ditch etc
one tip try to make it a personal story something people can relate too this will help connect with your audience.

#3 if I have said it once I have said it a million times I don't want any one buying this snow from seo magic! its the best out there and I want it all to myself!!!!!!!!!!!!!! seomagic.com tell Daisuke Seo-Sam sandler sent you!!

#4 well I kind of already anwered that

ok have fun and keep asking questions here on the Café a plethora of ideas await you but keep in mind we are not here to do your work for you. we will share ideas and offer tips but you need to do the work. from your video it appears you have some helpers and getting some experience good for you. keep it up!

oh and welcome to the Café

magically yours

sam
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
Get Joanie Spina to direct your act and get a lighting tech to help.
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
Sam Sandler
View Profile
Inner circle
2487 Posts

Profile of Sam Sandler
Pete if he cant afford a snow animator he cant afford Joanie and a light tech!!

all though your right both would do wonders for his show.
miraclesawait
View Profile
New user
61 Posts

Profile of miraclesawait
Thanks Guys

@ ClintonMagus The story line I use is that no matter how litter people have they can get a whole lot of it.story behind it is a bit lengthier but that's the basic concept of it.

@Pete Biro I wish I could afford it right now I'm in a town of 100,000 people with 3 other magicians to compete with. I only get about 20-30 shows a year averaging 500 dollars each. and 30% of those being free charity work. If you have any suggestions on how I could work around stuff like bugedt or how to branch out PM me id love to talk.

Thanks everyone so far Smile
videokideo
View Profile
Special user
895 Posts

Profile of videokideo
In my mentalism show, Ive done a physical responsive act where people feel hot or cold due to the story I weave. At the end they are lead to feel freezing...the lights come on and its snowing.

We used 3 American DJ (cost about 200.00 each) snow machines. Much like Copperfields, it uses a white foam that floats in the air, and when lands, melts away. People couldn't stop talking about their banquet room snowing...the effect is huge to them.

So keep in mind, you don't have to do what Copperfield does to get the applause. The effect of snow inside alone is great, so you might just use it as that, an effect.
Dougini
View Profile
Inner circle
The Beautiful State Of Maine
7130 Posts

Profile of Dougini
Quote:
On 2010-07-18 06:50, ClintonMagus wrote:
Seems that I read years ago that this is a Copperfield "exclusive", and is not sold anywhere...

Correct. Most of D.C.'s effects are exclusive to him.

Doug
Magic Patrick
View Profile
Inner circle
Minnesota
1591 Posts

Profile of Magic Patrick
I have a snow storm stool for $400 plus shipping. I can send you pictures if you are interested.
w_s_anderson
View Profile
Inner circle
The United States
1226 Posts

Profile of w_s_anderson
BYUDAD PM sent
Harrismatic
View Profile
Elite user
Greece
434 Posts

Profile of Harrismatic
Copperfield did not use papers for his snowstorm illusion.he used something like foam. I believe that no one can achieve Copperfield's illusion or at least he must invest a lot of money.I personally own can can by hottrix.the instructions explain how you can create snow flakes.it is very small so you can sleeve, palm or use a topit to vanish it etc. I tried it last week.it worked fine but of course it does not produces the big snow flakes dc does.it is a small cost to buy it if you want to try it.
Servante
View Profile
Inner circle
1330 Posts

Profile of Servante
I looked into this once for a Christmas variety show I was producing. At the very end of the show, the cast was to sing "White Christmas," then the effect would put the button on the whole show. The foam snow machines (like the ones Copperfield mounts over the proscenium) are available to rent (or were back about ten years ago) from theatrical supply houses. They're generally considered technical equipment rather than secret magic apparatus. I decided, at the time, that there wasn't time to mount and test the machines before our opening, so I brought a pony-driven "sleigh" down the aisle instead (Which had its own special clean up problems!).

So...you might try theatre supply houses on a show-by-show basis.

-Philip
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Copperfeild snow illusion (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL