The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » The Lemon Game in Children Shows (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
jmdibrita
View Profile
New user
96 Posts

Profile of jmdibrita
Thanks Frank, I am usually the one looking for advice and not actually coming up with an idea. My original thought was like Mike's to use Blow Yur Stack from Wolfks Magic. The only problem is that I do not have one. And on the rare occasion they are available I don't have the extra cash.

Now I just need to come up with a routine where the child ends up with a bill. I do like the Million Dollar Bill idea. Even though it is not real the child will regard it as a prize/souvoner sp?

Are there other routine similar to Blow yur stack?

John
TheAmbitiousCard
View Profile
Eternal Order
Northern California
13425 Posts

Profile of TheAmbitiousCard
John,
I'd skip an expensive "kids only" prop just to give a dollar away.

Paul Harris has a great trick called "Whack Your Pack" (sounds a lot like another trick. :-o ) that is a challenge trick and has great comedy appeal. You could let the kid win a buck during one round to set up a sucker element and then wow the crowd with your quickness the second time (no buck that time).

Whack Your Pack has lots of potential for fun, funny, entertainment, drama, challenge, hilarity, etc. Easy as pi.

Benefits:
Instead of using a prop and becoming one of the "sheeple" (no offense) you'll be doing something that nobody else is doing anywhere (2-phase whack your pack) and you can really sprinkle your character into it.

You won't be tied to a kid's trick and this would work nicely in ANY show at all.
Work on it for a few years and you could use both WYP+Lemon Game in any adult show as well.

Oh, and it costs $1. So, if you eventually decide it's not for you, you toss the deck of cards in the trash.
www.theambitiouscard.com Hand Crafted Magic
Trophy Husband, Father of the Year Candidate,
Chippendale's Dancer applicant, Unofficial World Record Holder.
mike storz
View Profile
Inner circle
Orange, CT
1353 Posts

Profile of mike storz
I agree that buying an expensive prop just to give a buck away is not a good idea. BUT if you have one like Blow Yur Stack that I happen to use in all my shows why not take advantage of it. This gets gets great reactions for me. The kids actually start cheering for their friends and the adults really pick up on me cheating. I get lots of laughs on the adult side. Adding money as a prize would make this so much more fun IMHO.

However, I'd LOVE to learn more about WYP. Anything that has proven to work and rarely seen is ALWAYS appealling to me. Smile

Ps- isn't following the WYP routine similiar to being a "sheeple"? Smile. Well I guess if noone else is doing it you're not. Smile
mike Smile
Potty the Pirate
View Profile
Inner circle
4632 Posts

Profile of Potty the Pirate
I love Whack Your Pack, although I came up with a slightly different take on this idea long before I ever read about WYP. My version uses a card the spectator has merely THOUGHT of, and has never actually removed from the deck. This seems to make it beyond impossible in the first place, let alone when the spectator names his card, only to discover he's whacked the WRONG card, whereas I got it right!
I do this for older kids and adults, but I wonder if it could work for 7-year olds?
mike storz
View Profile
Inner circle
Orange, CT
1353 Posts

Profile of mike storz
Just found whack your pack as a free download at The Trickshop. Then you realized it's in a book I have!!!

Thanks folks. Smile
TheAmbitiousCard
View Profile
Eternal Order
Northern California
13425 Posts

Profile of TheAmbitiousCard
Quote:
On 2010-07-30 05:27, Potty the Pirate wrote:... but I wonder if it could work for 7-year olds?

How could it not. Everyone loves a challenge. Everyone wants to beat the magician. Unless you're too young to even remember what a card is, what's the issue?

I can't think of a trick that would not work for any age as long as the magician can relate to people of that age.

It's the magician that makes the trick relate. Not the trick itself. Obviously there are exceptions but they are rare.

How could a fun card trick not relate to anyone over 5 years old?
It's not like it's a gambling demonstration or a display of bottom dealing techniques.
www.theambitiouscard.com Hand Crafted Magic
Trophy Husband, Father of the Year Candidate,
Chippendale's Dancer applicant, Unofficial World Record Holder.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » The Lemon Game in Children Shows (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL