The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » APPS-alutely » » Problems with iphone(3g) and some aps (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Ken Northridge
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlantic City, NJ
2393 Posts

Profile of Ken Northridge
I just got an iphone (3g) and I wanted to let everyone know about an issue I’m having with it in doing some effects. For apps using the video principal, I was surprised to see you have to wait 4 seconds until the overlay of the fast forward, rewind, stop button, etc. disappear. If your audience saw this it would scream, “video.”

4 seconds doesn’t seem like much but when you have a table full of people it seems an eternity to me. Plus, I’m used to an ipod touch that does not have the 4 second wait.

I was wondering if anyone has a good solution to this problem. Right now I walk around with an iphone AND and ipod touch!
"Love is the real magic." -Doug Henning
www.KenNorthridge.com
Mercury52
View Profile
Inner circle
Kevin Reylek
2240 Posts

Profile of Mercury52
When you start the video, do a single-tap somewhere on the center of the screen (not on the controls). This will make the controls disappear without waiting for the fade out. Another single tap will bring them back.

Kevin
Kevin Reylek
Ken Northridge
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlantic City, NJ
2393 Posts

Profile of Ken Northridge
Yes, that works. Thanks. I figured there was something simple I can do.

Isn't it interesting that when I spoke to a representative at Apple yesterday they couldn't even tell me that?
"Love is the real magic." -Doug Henning
www.KenNorthridge.com
jlibby
View Profile
Inner circle
1044 Posts

Profile of jlibby
This issue didn't occur (at least for me) until the latest software release. Oh well, at least the single tap takes care of it.

Joe Libby
San Antonio, TX
My new FREE ebook on the classic Mismade Bill trick is ready for you:
https://funnybirthdayshow.com/mismadebill/
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » APPS-alutely » » Problems with iphone(3g) and some aps (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL