The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » We double dare you! » » Blocking, staging for a one man show (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

pbg739
View Profile
Veteran user
San Jose, Ca
340 Posts

Profile of pbg739
Greetings gang....

I do a one man show and am developing an idea of borrowing someone's car keys, putting them under a silk, putting my keys under a silk under the guise of having them switch...instead it goes wrong and a remote control for a car appears. I use the remote to drive the car towards the stage and their key is on the driver's seat of the car.

If I had an assistant, no problem, but as this is a one man show, all I can think of is a plant, or not being able to drive the car, just using a reel and revealing the car from under a box or something, but that doesn't have the same "kick" that the back of the crowd feel does.

Any help?
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24314 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
I presume that you are referring to a radio controlled car. It helps to be as specific as possible.

You have left out a lot of important information.

Let's start with the obvious. What kind of venue are you thinking of performing this in -- a theatre with a proscenium stage, a night club, a comedy club? When you say "toward the stage" do you mean having the car come up the aisle of the venue or coming in from backstage?

Will you have a backdrop or rear curtain of some sort?

I can think of a couple of methods, but any method is going to be somewhat dependent upon performing conditions.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
pbg739
View Profile
Veteran user
San Jose, Ca
340 Posts

Profile of pbg739
Bill,

A thousand pardons for the vagueness. I do perform in a few theaters, but mainly at fairs and festivals.

And Yes, I was thinking of putting my keys into a devil's hank, and switching the spec's keys into the car, and then a dupe set in another devil's hank that can be "felt" until the magic moment.

I am aiming at premiering this at a show in Mid November....please help.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » We double dare you! » » Blocking, staging for a one man show (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL