The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Not so spooky? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

miss_vega_bond
View Profile
New user
London UK
34 Posts

Profile of miss_vega_bond
Hi Hi!

I've been performing full time for 2 years with my stage partner, and we have always been doing kinda... commercial magic. Always slightly gory, and a little strange, but hey, it keeps us in holiday resort work.
We arent your typical boy/girl combo, in that we both do freakshow magic, a little mentlism, and illusions done in a silly and light goth style - think tim Burton meets dan sperry meets mmmmm penn and teller?
But we want to go a little darker as we are both very dark looking and I'm certain we can pull it off!
I do blockhead, razorblade swallowing,glasswalking, needle swallowing etc... but I'm in dire need of some inspiration on what else we/I could do. I always think it's lovely to see girls performing freakshow stuff - I dress like a doll in a white nightie and paint my face like a doll too which looks very eerie when I'm hammering nails into my head - but I need something a little different.

Does anyone have any idea where I can go next for some inspiration or have some ideas on what I can perform that's a little weird?
I'm a fire performer, but unfortunatly the most fire I can use in most of our current venues is a little flashpaper, otherwise I'd be burning the place down happily Smile Stage and close up ideas welcome, I'm happy to be simply inspired with both.. Smile

Any thoughts, anything you can think of that'd be a little weird or cool, would be super appreciated. Happy to trade for eternal gratitude!

x VB
Doug Higley
View Profile
1942 - 2022
7152 Posts

Profile of Doug Higley
I suggest face book. There is a large Very ACTIVE community of performers there and MANY female sideshow performers. Just look me up and when 'friended' you'll see my friends list and then go from there. Smile
Higley's Giant Flea Pocket Zibit
Doug Higley
View Profile
1942 - 2022
7152 Posts

Profile of Doug Higley
I forgot to mention, that the Bizarrists section is not about the bizarre sideshow arts, so that's why little response.
Higley's Giant Flea Pocket Zibit
miss_vega_bond
View Profile
New user
London UK
34 Posts

Thanks Doug!
xx Vb
RCP
View Profile
Inner circle
Two Minnie's in The Hell's Half Acre, The Republic of Texas
2183 Posts

Profile of RCP
I can see an updated version of the Spirit Cabinet in your future?
miss_vega_bond
View Profile
New user
London UK
34 Posts

Mmmm Spirit Cabinet! I had never thought of that - what a great idea!
I'll have a ponder about that one - wanna do something a bit weird with that Smile

Fankoo xx
kaytracy
View Profile
Inner circle
Central California
1793 Posts

Profile of kaytracy
So perhaps not the standard 'cabinet', what about- even if a bit cliche, the coffin- (rumors abound about the re-use of coffins...)
Kay and Tory
www.Bizarremagick.com
miss_vega_bond
View Profile
New user
London UK
34 Posts

'the coffin'?? what is this?!

xx V
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Not so spooky? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL