The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » So Happy together... » » San Francisco Review: Peter Mossison’s Marrakech Magic Theater (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

SpellbinderEntertainment
View Profile
Inner circle
West Coast
3519 Posts

Profile of SpellbinderEntertainment
Hello Gents,

I just returned from a pleasant and enjoyable evening at Peter Mossison’s Marrakech Magic Theater. He looks very good and so does his venue. Too bad so much of our San Francisco magic is situated in the seedy Tenderloin though.

When you first arrive you gather in one room where Peter lets the people get to know him by performing close-up for each small group, mainly card effects. Drinks are available, cocktails $9.00 and bottles of wine for under $50.00 and a waitress is there to serve you (if you want food you must go upstairs and eat in the restaurant). A little after show time, you are brought into his Magic Theater. This is a very smallintimate room, with two rows of chairs with two rows of higher chair/stools behind. The room seats about 38. His lighting and sound are state of the art, with a tiny mike hidden within Peter’s bow tie. He has a nice wine-red backdrop, and very classy wooden side tables. His props are all first class.

Okay, the Magic! He does some lovely coin slight of hand (two or three different coin segments during the evening) and what I consider too many card tricks with too many double lifts, but the effects are varied and his audience very entertained. He does a really nice ”Carter the Great” piece with the chosen card’s pips appearing on Carter’s glasses. Some mentalism, predicting the face up number of a die in a wood case three times. And does a bit of silly stuff with the younger kids, including a mouth coil and a card between teeth. He ends the show with a traditional, but very elegantly done, five-ring routine, that really ends the set nicely. The whole show runs about seventy-minutes, and holds the audience.

Peter’s persona was elegant, easy, and charming, and he was very well prepared and rehearsed. He represents himself, magic, and the city well. There are some sightline problems even in that small room he’s brainstorming on, and he’s quite heavy on card effects. He is an elegant traditional magician, and what he does do is well polished and thoughtfully executed.

Peter is impeccably dapper in a traditional tux and mirror-finish patent leather pumps. Altogether a package and look he can be very proud of. He said he dropped $26,000 on the place before he opened the doors and I can believe that was the price tag. He has a one-year option on the room, and hopes to run that long and continue to upgrade the space.

He does start the theater part with what I felt was an over zealous voiceover praising his resume, you’re kind of expecting Blackstone or Jesus by the time he steps through the curtain, then he has the task of living up to his own introduction. I told him he should be proud representing our local entertainment scene so professionally, and I meant it. He’s really doing a lot of grass roots marketing and trying to make a go of it. He was quite gracious to me. I hope his venue runs at least a year, he’s representing a good level of professional magic for the public.

My two-cents,
Walt
funnyclown
View Profile
Elite user
Burlingame, CA
496 Posts

Profile of funnyclown
Can you please give us details on the address of theater, show times and costs to see the show. Sounds like fun. Thanks for the review.
Mike Ianneo
Funnybone Magic

"Defender of the Defenseless One Balloon Dog"

https://www.funnybonemagic.com
ClintonMagus
View Profile
Inner circle
Southwestern Southeast
3997 Posts

Profile of ClintonMagus
http://www.sanfranciscomagictheater.com/

Looks like tickets are $38.00...
Things are more like they are today than they've ever been before...
gaddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Agent of Chaos
3528 Posts

Profile of gaddy
His marketing materials are exquisite, poster, flyers -gorgeous!

Good luck, Peter. I can't wait to see your show in person.
*due to the editorial policies here, words on this site attributed to me cannot necessarily be held to be my own.*
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » So Happy together... » » San Francisco Review: Peter Mossison’s Marrakech Magic Theater (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL