The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricky business » » How much to pay for promo pics. (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
magicgeorge
View Profile
Inner circle
Belfast
4299 Posts

Profile of magicgeorge
Quote:
On 2010-08-02 14:50, TheDean wrote:
Just my .02 cents worth here, but two simple things:

Sorry, but this is just one of those things that I have to say even though it makes me look like an ass:

It's either .02 dollars worth or 2 cents worth unless your opinion is worth 1/50 of a cent.

Thanks.
Al Angello
View Profile
Eternal Order
Collegeville, Pa. USA
11045 Posts

Profile of Al Angello
George
I always love it when you get technical.
Al Angello The Comic Juggler/Magician
http://www.juggleral.com
http://home.comcast.net/~juggleral/
"Footprints on your ceiling are almost gone"
TheDean
View Profile
Inner circle
Reno, Nevada
2164 Posts

Profile of TheDean
Hehehehehe... thanks!
Dean Hankey, *M.D. - The Dean of Success Solutions!
Serving & Supporting YOU and Your Success!
"Book More Shows... Make More Money... SERVE MORE PEOPLE! - Not Necessarily In That Order…"

(*Marketing Doctor) Smile
Scott Burton
View Profile
Inner circle
1131 Posts

Profile of Scott Burton
It could certainly be possible that the Walmart photo studio in Canada is different than in the USA. That`s certainly a cheap offer if they are actually trained to do a decent job. However, you only get one pose.
M Sini
View Profile
Inner circle
1359 Posts

Profile of M Sini
Just be certain that you get "unlimited usage" of the photos you're purchasing and a signed release from the photographer.

You'll especially need this for if/when you are having the photos printed. Walmart/Target/Costco where ever you have the photos printed will most likely ask you for a signed release from whoever took the photos.
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
12059 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
Quote:
On 2010-08-03 12:35, M Sini wrote:
Just be certain that you get "unlimited usage" of the photos you're purchasing and a signed release from the photographer.

You'll especially need this for if/when you are having the photos printed. Walmart/Target/Costco where ever you have the photos printed will most likely ask you for a signed release from whoever took the photos.

Yeah that is good info. I would hope it would not be a problem since they named it a "Business Photo" though.

Decomp
Signor Blitz
View Profile
Elite user
419 Posts

Profile of Signor Blitz
I did not bother to read all the post but for the original post.

I just updated my photos from a professional photographer (she is a true artist - not the sears, jc penny type) sitting fee was $150

We spent 3 hours takeing photos.

8x10 made from original negative $50

Yes negative not the diggy stuff - old school- she does wonders!
Edith
View Profile
Regular user
Germany
131 Posts

Profile of Edith
So far I got all my pictures done for free through TFP. If you get lucky, you can get excellent pictures. Just have a look at my website. http://www.MissEdith.de ;-)

Professional fotographers charge about 150-350€ around here.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricky business » » How much to pay for promo pics. (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL