The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Best Illusion for under $2000 (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
mstgracy
View Profile
Regular user
United States
139 Posts

Profile of mstgracy
Any video of board of mind being performerd?
ClintonMagus
View Profile
Inner circle
Southwestern Southeast
3997 Posts

Profile of ClintonMagus
I recently got this, and it is one of the BEST resources you can own when it comes to illusion shows:

http://www.abbottmagic.com/Subject-Illus......oryId=-1

David "pulls no punches" when it comes to evaluating the suitability of various illusions to your situation.
Things are more like they are today than they've ever been before...
magickleark
View Profile
New user
61 Posts

Profile of magickleark
I suggest to you the 1 ghost fly box from http://www.rangmagic.com and
2 dc power levitation from rangmagic.com
wizardpa
View Profile
Inner circle
The New Orleans area
1011 Posts

Profile of wizardpa
Well I got my illusion today and well under $2000 and it is a beauty. I'm very impressed with the looks and it's workings. It is the Lester Lake Guillotine.
I'm going to have 2 versions of this illusion. One will be for children ages 8-9 and above and the other version done in a funny yet scary way.
It will also be easy to transport. 95% of the time I use my PT Cruiser.
crochow
View Profile
Regular user
Youngstown, Ohio
129 Posts

Profile of crochow
A head chopper for kids????! = liability ! LOL!
Magically,

Chris Rochow
wizardpa
View Profile
Inner circle
The New Orleans area
1011 Posts

Profile of wizardpa
Well actually to ease everyone's mind that I'm not really crazy, it's going to be my Toucan Hands on Axtell
puppet, Taco who will the one I will have as my volunteer for this illusion. Of course he will be reluctant to do it.
coachc
View Profile
Regular user
WV
130 Posts

Profile of coachc
My first big illusion was one I built from Osborne plans. Bride of the blades........It was an easy build and it cost 300. in materials. Built mine so it broke down into 3 pieces....base...lower half....and top half. I was amazed how well it played. I now have several pro built illusions but still I use the blades because it has went over so well. Its also easy to theme. idea for thoughts
wizardpa
View Profile
Inner circle
The New Orleans area
1011 Posts

Profile of wizardpa
Well I'm almost building my leg extensions for my Lester Lake. If all goes well I'll be painting it on Thursday and practicing it on Saturday.
epIFany
View Profile
New user
5 Posts

Profile of epIFany
I have used a chopper for kids and not ever had to worry about liability. It is easy to do the "don't try this at home " disclaimer. Plus most kids don't own a guillotine.
wizardpa
View Profile
Inner circle
The New Orleans area
1011 Posts

Profile of wizardpa
Well I finished. I'll be practicing my routine now. I'll actually be using my Axtell Hands on Puppet when I do my children shows with this illusion. I would normally do my children shows for children 10 and above but the shows I plan on debuting this effect is for the cub scouts, and I think some of the cub scouts are younger then 10.

The worst that can happen is I'll cut my own hand off. HAHAHA!!!!!!

One of my problems will be doing this illusion 1 handed since the other one will be up my birds butt. HaHa!!!
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24314 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
Quote:
On 2010-08-06 00:22, Aaron Smith Magic wrote:
Check out Jim Sommers site... He has some really good stuff for really inexpensive. I bought his walk-away super-x suspension and it was a great prop. You may want to look into that, as "floating" the birthday child is an excellent marketing ploy.

http://www.klamm-magic.com/cgi-bin/web_s......cart_id=

Good Luck!! Smile

Most of these illusions are cheap knock-offs. Jim got his *** in a crack over pinching the Zig-Zag many years ago. His suspension is a cheap, inferior, badly built version of Harbin's Walk-Away suspension. This illusion can be done nearly completely surrounded if you have an assitant and some well-placed pieces of stage furniture.

All of the versions of the Kub-Zag currently on the market are knockoffs of the one Jimmy Bix invented.

If you are retired, go to the Austin Magic Auction on April 16 and bring a van.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
wizardpa
View Profile
Inner circle
The New Orleans area
1011 Posts

Profile of wizardpa
No casters on mine.

There is no way I would chop off my puppets head. This is an Axtell Expressions Toucan hands on puppet.
Doing a show for cub scouts ages 9 and up, I wouldn't ask one of them to put their head into the chopper.
He is just taking the place of a volunteer.
magicelam
View Profile
Veteran user
Tennessee
368 Posts

Profile of magicelam
Bill,

I notice you say Jimmy Bix invented the Kube Zag. I wasn't sure if that was the same thing as the Mini-Kub Zag, so I googled. Sure enough, on what appears to be Bix's website (or a site selling his wares), I find plans giving this credit to him.

http://www.jimmybix.at/shop/product_info......ack.html

However, on Dan Wolfe's (who build the illusion under contract from Chalet, I believe), I find that the inventor is Gunter Puchinger.

http://www.smmagic.com/illusions/mkz/index.htm

Which is it? I know Dan/Chalet do not like the knock-offs, as they're apparently not licensed... but Bix is simply selling the plans.
Mike
George Ledo
View Profile
Magic Café Columnist
SF Bay Area
3042 Posts

Profile of George Ledo
There's been some good advice here, and I realize that wizardpa has done some research and thinking about this.

However, every time I see a post that asks something like "What's the best illusion under xK," my mind immediately translates the question to "What's the best gadget I can demonstrate for under xK?"
That's our departed buddy Burt, aka The Great Burtini, doing his famous Cups and Mice routine
www.georgefledo.net

Latest column: "Sorry about the photos in my posts here"
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Best Illusion for under $2000 (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL