The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » The New "Wolfman" Movie (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Chessmann
View Profile
Inner circle
4247 Posts

Profile of Chessmann
Watched "The Wolfman" on PPV the other day. I loved the old Universal Wolfman movies, especially the first.

This one... (remember, my opinions only)

- wasted Anthony Hopkins

- overkilled on 'gross' (and I LOVED the 1978 version of "Dawn of the Dead" - but after awhile I was saying to myself, 'there is so much gross they are just seeing how much they can do', and it ceased to be realistic part of the movie).

- actually liked the actor who played the Wolfman (forgot the name of the actor, sadly). Spoke too much in whisper's though.

- enjoyed the scene in the London hospital where he transforms in front of everyone, and the chase scene that followed.

- having 2 wolfmen was a bit novel.

Using Leonard Maltin's stars rating, I give it **. Quite disappointing, overall.
My ex-cat was named "Muffin". "Vomit" would be a better name for her. AKA "The Evil Ball of Fur".
Nosher
View Profile
Loyal user
261 Posts

Profile of Nosher
I agree with your rating. The London chase seen was pretty good but I put the movie in my 'mmmmm, s'ok' category.
Escapemaster-in-chief from all sorts of houdingplaces - Finnegans Wake
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » The New "Wolfman" Movie (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL