The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Shuffled not Stirred » » Arthur MacTier vs Leo Boudreau (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

slowkneenuh
View Profile
Regular user
After 5,278+ posts, only credited with
133 Posts

Profile of slowkneenuh
I have considered purchasing Leo Boudreau's material from Lybrary.com for some time. I own Card Concepts by Arthur MacTier and similar material from other authors. Does anyone know if the concepts in Leo's books are truly unique or similar in content to other publications such as Card Concepts, Werner Miller's material, etc.?

Thanks, John
John

"A poor workman always blames his tools"
Scott Cram
View Profile
Inner circle
2678 Posts

Profile of Scott Cram
Leo's work is very different. The closest work to any published magician's work would have to be Al Mann's work (which Leo mentions as inspiration).

Basically, Leo takes one woefully underused principle of magic and, over the course of 3 books, shows how it can be used in more ways than you ever thought possible. The variety and creativity, especially under the constraint of working with a single principle is impressive. Especially impressive is the subtle ways in which he manages to get the needed information, which often makes it seem like real mind-reading!

When you hit 50 posts (not too far now), you can check out what amounts to an entire book......for free.

BTW, Leo Boudreau's Magic Café screenname is leoboudreau.
slowkneenuh
View Profile
Regular user
133 Posts

Profile of slowkneenuh
Scott, thank you for your valued feedback. I have been leaning towards purchasing Leo's material and your information pushed me into the buy zone! From what I have heard and seen so far I know I will enjoy and use it.

Thanks again, John
John

Vlad_77
View Profile
Inner circle
The Netherlands
5829 Posts

Profile of Vlad_77
Leo Boudreau's work requires a LOT of work to master, BUT, the payoff is INSANE. HIGHLY recommended.

Ahimsa,
Vlad
slowkneenuh
View Profile
Regular user
133 Posts

Profile of slowkneenuh
Vlad, thank you for your response. I enjoy reading your insightful comments throughout the threads on the Café and find them most informative.

Can you recommend one of the three available books for a starter? I am leaning towards Spirited Pasteboards unless someone like yourself recommends a different one.

Appreciatively, John
John

Vlad_77
View Profile
Inner circle
The Netherlands
5829 Posts

Profile of Vlad_77
LOL I was actually thinking Spirited Pasteboards as I was reading your post.

Thanks John for the kind words by the way.

Max Maven states in the introduction that the reader will find the material maddeningly frustrating and confusing at first but that the reader should perservere.

Boudreau's methods are truly diabolical; some will appear quite byzantine at first, but, the payoff is well worth the perserverance Smile

Ahimsa,
Vlad
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Shuffled not Stirred » » Arthur MacTier vs Leo Boudreau (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL