The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Magic Geek (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Andrew Zuber
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles, CA
3017 Posts

Profile of Andrew Zuber
I have to say, this version of 3 Fly (at least when I've seen others perform it) has never fooled me. It's always come across as rather obvious when I've seen it.
"I'm sorry - if you were right, I would agree with you." -Robin Williams, Awakenings
Wizard of Oz
View Profile
Inner circle
Most people wish I didn't have
5155 Posts

Profile of Wizard of Oz
I still prefer Mark Mason's excellent "Come Fly With Me." The coins literally melt from one hand to another...

However, I do think it too may involve an elephant...I just haven't seen it yet.

All kidding aside, I also love Magic Geek's site. I wish all on-line magic shops had this delightful sense of wonder in their presentations.
Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain.
Cyberqat
View Profile
Inner circle
You can tell I work on the net from my
2209 Posts

Profile of Cyberqat
Quote:
On 2010-12-14 17:07, DWRackley wrote:
I enjoyed all of the vids I've seen. I think that what some previous posters are responding to might just as easily be consigned to "style". We don't all come across as a Copperfield, a Ballantine, or a Slydini. (Three of the most different examples I can think of!)

This guy’s shtick is Geek. And he's good at it. Smile

Well... geek is an overloaded term and I use the old definition... Chris Angel is geek. Or was.
This guy I guess is nerd. If it works for you, well, de gustibus non disputantum est.
It is always darkest just before you are eaten by a grue.
DWRackley
View Profile
Inner circle
Chattanooga, TN
1909 Posts

Profile of DWRackley
You know what? You're right, Cyberqat! (I can remember when gay meant happy). A geek used to be something completely different than what it is today. Words change. I posted something to another forum (long time ago) including a direct quote from one of Aesop's Fables. The word faggot (for bundle of sticks) was bleeped, and I'll bet many here can remember when it was a cigarette.

Anyway, today I think most folks think of a geek as someone who's spent to much time behind a computer. (But it also amuses me to think of Chris Angel in the other sense!) Smile
...what if I could read your mind?

Chattanooga's Premier Mentalist

Donatelli and Company at ChattanoogaPerformers.com

also on FaceBook
professorwhut
View Profile
Inner circle
Posts R US sold me
1353 Posts

Profile of professorwhut
I like the Magic Geek guy, I love to watch the videos. I love his multiplying bottle routine.
However, with the eye of a magician, I know when he is in a "dirty" position, it sometimes shows a bit in his body language. I doubt that laymen would pick up on this. But, again, this may be part of his style. I don't mean to be overly critical about this. I appreciate all the hard work that goes into making all these videos.

I think Chris is hilarious, and I recently discovered that his sister, Miranda, is also very funny.
She is the one with the new magic kit.

All in good fun.
After much soul searching about a signature, I decided not to have one.

TG Pop [aka ProfessorWhut]
HerraTaikuri
View Profile
New user
Helsinki, Finland
60 Posts

Profile of HerraTaikuri
One thing I like about Magic Geek is that their site so well organised and customer friendly, which can't be said about many of the online magic shops.
There's also enough info about every effect they sell, even excluding the videos. In many sites there's the products name, prize and maybe the picture, but nothing else. If something catches my eye, but I'm not sure what that effect does and I have to find out myself, I'm not going to buy it.
Double O Magic
View Profile
Veteran user
365 Posts

Profile of Double O Magic
I fully agree with all you guys. In fact I have ordered from them about three times. BTW, just for the fun of it I bought a nice yoyo from them, I have been entertained for hours Smile!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Magic Geek (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL