The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Music Mentalism (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Chester Sass
View Profile
Loyal user
Check out my book 120% CHESTOSTERONE
246 Posts

Profile of Chester Sass
Hi Guys!

I would like to have your advices and thoughts on this thing.
I'm trying to find some mentalism effects that could be performed while singing a song.
With other means effects that don't rely on the verbal presentation, maybe just the introduction of the effect.
I think that it's quite tough to show mentalism without talking.

What kind of effects would you show?
Author of "120% Chestosterone"
NOW AVAILABLE FROM YOUR DEALER OF TRUST!

Chester
James Munton
View Profile
Inner circle
Dallas, TX
1199 Posts

Profile of James Munton
Might I be so bold to suggest my own Hollywood Squares.

Best,
James
Chester Sass
View Profile
Loyal user
246 Posts

Profile of Chester Sass
Hello James, thanks for your reply. I'll take a look at that.

Chester
celebrity
View Profile
Inner circle
1966 Posts

Profile of celebrity
I've read a fantastic book titled 120% chestosterone that has a great idea in it lol. Smile
As a mentalist you must always ask yourself what if! And throughout your life you should seek to ask and answer this question over and over again, only then will your wildest dreams become a reality!

Visit - www.mindfx.co.uk to learn more!
Chester Sass
View Profile
Loyal user
246 Posts

Profile of Chester Sass
Oh ,really? I've heared from that handsome guy........I wish I was a little more like him! :-D
*where are me pills against schizophrenia*

Thanks a lot for remembering me!

Chester
Brandon Queen
View Profile
Special user
Los Angeles, California
527 Posts

Profile of Brandon Queen
Imagine this:

You're on stage with a guitar, and a floating balloon tied to the neck. You start singing a song, and stop, and you tell the audience you haven't exactly finished the lyrics to this song, and you need help. So you point to someone, and they shout out a word or phrase to fit in your song, then you continue to sing.. then stop, and point at someone else to give you a lyric for your song.. do this a few more times. When the song is finished, you take your balloon that's been in full view the entire time, hand it to someone, they shake it.. they see there is a folded up piece of paper inside. You then pop the balloon and the paper falls on the ground or in their hands. They pick it up, read it, and it's the exact lyrics that everyone made with you. the end.
It occured to me at once that love could be a great illusion, that makes fools of brilliant thinkers everyday
Chester Sass
View Profile
Loyal user
246 Posts

Profile of Chester Sass
That sounds like a very very good idea. It's not exactly what I was looking for (I can't play any instruments), but I can see that this would be a nice effect. Thanks for sharing that. Really cool idea.........
What I'm looking for is an effect that takes place meanwhile singing a song!
This idea came to me when I was driving in my car, the wind was blowing through my hair, and I was listening to Craig David's RISE AND FALL! I was seeing myself on stage with a big easel and I was dressed like a painting artist. While singing that song I was painting something on the other side of the easel........maybe some sort of design duplication(but I'm a terrible painter/artist)......at the end of the song I showed the specs my painting and they've gone wild! I love dreaming while driving the highway at 160km/h! :-D

Chester
Brandon Queen
View Profile
Special user
Los Angeles, California
527 Posts

Profile of Brandon Queen
How about you open up with you doing exactly what you described.. you paint while singing.. first thing you do.. But right before you show the painting, you have a person come on stage, and select a few accessories and clothing items from a big box, put them on in any fashion they wish, and stand in any position no matter how weird or strange they wish. Once they are happy with their position and goofy clothing, you turn the painting around, and it matches.
It occured to me at once that love could be a great illusion, that makes fools of brilliant thinkers everyday
DJG
View Profile
Inner circle
1296 Posts

Profile of DJG
A confabulation effect. Sing a song, stop and point to a member who sings a word out loud. Keeping going until you have your 3 words.
Chester Sass
View Profile
Loyal user
246 Posts

Profile of Chester Sass
At the german masterships we performed THE NAIL effect with our own rap song, which was hell of fun.........everybody who owns my book can see how it developed when you look at the picture on page 65 far right! This will be a moment none of the spectators on location will ever forget! God bless them and save their souls! :-D
A confabulation is great but it breaks the flow of the song. I just want to give an verbal intro and then JUST MUSIC AND MENTALISM!

Chester
DJG
View Profile
Inner circle
1296 Posts

Profile of DJG
I do not think it would "break the flow". well, I guess on how you present it. Smile

Think of a verbal force. You can easily use that. Imagine if you miss and have 2 song endings. One if you are correct, one (if card) funny one that leads to a 52 on 1.
Lord Of The Horses
View Profile
Inner circle
5406 Posts

Profile of Lord Of The Horses
Quote:
On 2010-08-08 15:54, Brandon Queen wrote:
Imagine this:

You're on stage with a guitar, and a floating balloon tied to the neck. You start singing a song, and stop, and you tell the audience you haven't exactly finished the lyrics to this song, and you need help. So you point to someone, and they shout out a word or phrase to fit in your song, then you continue to sing.. then stop, and point at someone else to give you a lyric for your song.. do this a few more times. When the song is finished, you take your balloon that's been in full view the entire time, hand it to someone, they shake it.. they see there is a folded up piece of paper inside. You then pop the balloon and the paper falls on the ground or in their hands. They pick it up, read it, and it's the exact lyrics that everyone made with you. the end.

Brandon... How's the effect called?

Room Service meets Guitar Heroes... Smile
Then you'll rise right before my eyes, on wings that fill the sky, like a phoenix rising!
Brandon Queen
View Profile
Special user
Los Angeles, California
527 Posts

Profile of Brandon Queen
Quote:
Brandon... How's the effect called?

Room Service meets Guitar Heroes...

YES! LOL
Nefesch
View Profile
Special user
El Salvador
611 Posts

Profile of Nefesch
You may be interested on one of my latest books:

Musical influences

You can read a description here:

http://www.nefesch.com/mi2010.html

It shall be available next week

Nefesch
DrTodd
View Profile
Inner circle
1976 Posts

Profile of DrTodd
My own Psychic Perfect Pitch draws on the history of New Orleans and uses music books from which a song is selected and then the participant concentrates on the harmony, melody, beat, tempo, etc and I proceed to play the song they are thinking of on the trombone Smile

There is a nice effect in 13 Steps which can be modified for the modern performance...
bevbevvybev
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
2674 Posts

Profile of bevbevvybev
I've been working on this kind of thing for some time, but mines a bit more rock and roll (and heavy metal). However I've been working on a classical version too.
Tony Iacoviello
View Profile
Eternal Order
13151 Posts

Profile of Tony Iacoviello
I have a few things as well, but they fit me and may not adapt to others.

Nefesch, your book sounds interesting.

Tony
Chester Sass
View Profile
Loyal user
246 Posts

Profile of Chester Sass
Thanks for your answers. On my next gig I'll perform my routine "MUSIC WAS MY FIRST LOVE" with a complete danced and singed revelation. This will be lot of fun. I was told that they will film it on HD-Cam. If the filming is ok maybe I'll upload this routine.

Chester
Tony Iacoviello
View Profile
Eternal Order
13151 Posts

Profile of Tony Iacoviello
That sounds great.

Please let us know how things go.
Nefesch
View Profile
Special user
El Salvador
611 Posts

Profile of Nefesch
Just letting you know guys that Musical Influences IS READY Smile
Is available as an instant download

all the best

Nefesch
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Music Mentalism (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL