The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Bringing back the Oldies (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

aloric
View Profile
New user
5 Posts

Profile of aloric
I just bought some of the old favorites, Cups and Balls, and Professors Nightmare. I have seen many great variation on each, one of my favorites being Dave Regal's Cups and Balls and Cups and Balls. Does any have any variations they would suggest so I can work on these as I bring my skills back up to par?
koolcracker
View Profile
New user
20 Posts

Profile of koolcracker
I absolutely love the Professor's Nightmare. Not much variation needed with that one. It looks so powerful as is.
Carrie Sue
View Profile
Veteran user
Auburn, MI
332 Posts

Profile of Carrie Sue
My favorite Prof's Nightmare is Insomnia by Timothy Wenk. With the proper framing, it gets gasps from the audience.

Carrie
www.proximityillusions.com

ASLAN IS ON THE MOVE!
Brad Burt
View Profile
Inner circle
2675 Posts

Profile of Brad Burt
I highly recommend learning Dai Vernon's Cups and Balls routine as is. It is in may ways the seminal routine of the genre and is still hard to beat for clarity of effect and elegance of method.

Another classic worthy of work: Dai Vernon's Linking Ring Routine for the reasons stated above. Best,
Brad Burt
mmreed
View Profile
Inner circle
Harrisburg, PA
1432 Posts

Profile of mmreed
There is a great book by Ron Dayton on The Prof Nightmare.

http://www.shopmagicvault.com/Professors......153.html

it gives many handlings and script/patters. If anything, it will stir some creativity.

For the C&B, check out the LL Videos on it. They feature so many different views on it.
Mark Reed
Wedding and Event Entertainment
aloric
View Profile
New user
5 Posts

Profile of aloric
Oh, I have a great Prof Nightmare routine, you can even get the audience involved in it.
andre combrinck
View Profile
Special user
South Africa
953 Posts

Profile of andre combrinck
I aree with Brad, Vernon's routine is classic. One day be sure to checkout Tommy Wonder's Cups..routine.
Olympic Adam
View Profile
Inner circle
1259 Posts

Profile of Olympic Adam
Bring the oldies back and make them new, not necessarily make them "street" lol but update them.

Sometimes in my view old style tricks makes for a stale performance.

Magic is an art where ANYTHING can appear to happen and we should try to surprise our audiences, if they see some old props come out, they may know exactly what is going to happen and have probably seen it happen the best way it can!
Protection for mind readers and mentalists: http://tricksofthemind.com
DomKabala
View Profile
Inner circle
I've grown old after diggin' holes for
2827 Posts

Profile of DomKabala
And for those who own Combo Cups & Balls, look at John Mendoza...

Cardamagically,
Dom Smile Smile
We don't stop playing when we grow old...we grow old when we stop playing.

God is enough, let go, let God. Gal 2:20

"Anything of value is not easily attained and those things which are easily attained are not of lasting value."

Smile Smile Smile Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Bringing back the Oldies (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL