The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » I want to see the manager! » » Limiting unwanted posts » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

61magic
View Profile
Special user
Sacramento California
775 Posts

Profile of 61magic
I was wondering if there is a way to block unwanted posts from some members using some kind of an exclusion list?
There is a increasing number of members who do nothing more than make sarcastic remarks, try to start arguments and generally be nothing more than a pain.
I personally would add a dozen members to a block list to prevent my posts getting trashed by these guys.
Any one else agree? I know the moderators can watch everything all the time.
Professor J. P. Fawkes
Dave Scribner
View Profile
Assistant Manager
Lake Hopatcong, NJ
4855 Posts

Profile of Dave Scribner
No, you cannot block a member or their posts. Everyone is entitled to post what they want as long as they don't violate any rules. If you see a post that you feel violates a rule or is a problem, just use the report this post feature with a brief explanation as to why you are reporting it and we'll take a look.
Where the magic begins
61magic
View Profile
Special user
Sacramento California
775 Posts

Profile of 61magic
This may be something you want to consider as a future enhancement. I've been using the Café less and less due to the comments and attacking language several posters put out.
The Café is much less friendly than it has been in the past.
Professor J. P. Fawkes
Dave V
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas, NV
4824 Posts

Profile of Dave V
Even if you could personally "block" someone so they could post but you wouldn't have to read it, the replies and quotes will still be there from others and you'll feel left out not know what they're talking about. Maybe that's a good thing, I don't know.
No trees were killed in the making of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.
silverking
View Profile
Inner circle
4574 Posts

Profile of silverking
..........or get a thicker skin.
It is the internet after all.
walid ahumada
View Profile
Special user
sinaloa, mexico
892 Posts

Profile of walid ahumada
You are free to read what you want, it is up to you If you listen to fools.
“Magic becomes art when it has nothing to hide.” BEN OKRI quote
Olympic Adam
View Profile
Inner circle
1259 Posts

Profile of Olympic Adam
Also, I do not really enjoy "unwanted posts" but I am in no position to say what is wanted and unwanted by others, maybe I like to see a troll, maybe you do? I cannot say what people will want or not want.

badly worded I know lol, just trying to say that it's just opinion as to who likes what, for every one person who doesn't like a post maybe 10 others love them
Protection for mind readers and mentalists: http://tricksofthemind.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » I want to see the manager! » » Limiting unwanted posts » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL