The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Fairy tale mix up (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

seadog93
View Profile
Inner circle
3200 Posts

Profile of seadog93
Howdy all,
A while ago I asked for reviews of "Fairy Tale Mix Up" and SuperKid" from lybrary.com. No one seemed to have heard of them, so I went ahead and bought them.

At first I was very unhappy about Fairy Tale mix up. I have no need to make jokes about pantyhoes or dogs peeing on the carpet for a little girl birthday party. Once I got past that and cut those jokes out I really liked it, the birthday girl plays the main character in a mixed up fairy tale, magic happens along the way and she ends up with a magical present.

At first I liked it, then I came up with several alterations and now I REALLY like. I just did a test show for my daughter (4 yrs.) her cousin (5yrs.) and three older cousins (10-13 yrs.) as well as three adults, everyone really enjoyed it. I'll be using it for the first time at an actual birthday this Sunday and I can't wait.

SuperKid is fun to, a boy wears a Superman cape and gets several super powers. Some of the changes I made to Fairy Tale Mix Up will carry over and I've come up with a few more that I think will be lots of fun. The only thing is that in the routine the boy doesn't end up with a magical present. I think I can easily adapt the end of fairy tale mix up to this and it should still be great. I'm looking forward to my next birthday party for aboy!
"Love is the magician who pulls man out of his own hat" - Ben Hecht

"Love says 'I am everything.' Wisdom says 'I am nothing'. Between the two, my life flows." -Nisargadatta Maharaj

Seadog=C-Dawg=C.ou.rtn.ey Kol.b
harris
View Profile
Inner circle
Harris Deutsch
8812 Posts

Profile of harris
I don't exactly know the routine your are talking about.

I have done ventriloquist routines where Nigel mixes up fairy tales. One character from say Red Riding Hood (the wolf) visits the Goldilocks.

Or the Wolf in Red Riding Hood becomes a Were Wolf. (these days his name is Edward)

Got the idea off a Maher booklet ..by the name of Hairy Tales.

Is this one where the kids put on hats or costumes????

If so I find adults (those in the back of the room) sometimes make funnier and easier recruited volunteers. Kids these days seem to object more so to putting on hats. (though they do make great photo opportunities.
Harris Deutsch aka dr laugh
drlaugh4u@gmail.com
music, magic and marvelous toys
http://magician.org/member/drlaugh4u
revlovejoy
View Profile
Special user
Pennsylvania
765 Posts

Profile of revlovejoy
FYI if you're referring to a popular current werewolf, I think you mean Jacob. Edward is a vampire.
harris
View Profile
Inner circle
Harris Deutsch
8812 Posts

Profile of harris
Thanks Rev...

I should have known that...hear it a lot from students at the middle school.

Last year even facilitated a lunch and learn (aka pizza party) on that series at the media (aka library) center

I think the vent pamphlet might have been by Craig Lovik..(but as mentioned above my memory retrival is not batting 1000 today.

Harris
Harris Deutsch aka dr laugh
drlaugh4u@gmail.com
music, magic and marvelous toys
http://magician.org/member/drlaugh4u
seadog93
View Profile
Inner circle
3200 Posts

Profile of seadog93
I have no idea who any popular werewolves are. Throutines are by Mark Piazza and are available at lybrary.com
here:
http://www.lybrary.com/fairy-tale-mixup-......s_id=156
and here
http://www.lybrary.com/superkid-p-28955.......s_id=156

Yes it is a routine were the kid dresses up (a cape not a hat), but for me the excitement is having a really fun, involved routine that incorporates and focuses on the birthday boy or girl and finishes with magically making a present for them to keep. It also invloves mixing up fairy tales, but you mix up about half a dozen, going back and forth randomly.
"Love is the magician who pulls man out of his own hat" - Ben Hecht

"Love says 'I am everything.' Wisdom says 'I am nothing'. Between the two, my life flows." -Nisargadatta Maharaj

Seadog=C-Dawg=C.ou.rtn.ey Kol.b
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Fairy tale mix up (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL