The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Brass Caps and Thai Coins (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Alan Wheeler
View Profile
Inner circle
Posting since 2002 with
2038 Posts

Profile of Alan Wheeler
While in Thailand I bought the old brass caps and ring trick that works with a stack of Thai coins. I guess I've risked embarrassing myself enough in this Cafe already to admit this and ask if anyone has advice or feelings about this trick. One issue might be the use of foreign or strange coins rather than common ones.

--alan
The views and comments expressed on this post may be mere speculation and are not necessarily the opinions, values, or beliefs of Alan Wheeler.
A BLENDED PATH
Christian Reflections on Tarot
Word Crimes
Technology and Faith........Bad Religion
Paul
View Profile
Inner circle
A good lecturer at your service!
4409 Posts

Profile of Paul
This effect of course, and the Tenyo versions etc. are a rip off of something put out in England many years ago by Fred Lowe.
I think it only dates back to the sixties.

It's a very clever effect, but now it has been pirated and mass marketed I doubt you'd get any pro. entertainers using it.

Are there none of your local coins the same size as the Thai coins? Could you not add those to the top of the stack gaff?

Or build your patter around how valuable the foreign coins are so you carry them around in a little safe. Someone finds the coins gone when they try to steal them, thats the security. Take duplicates out of your pocket.

Paul Hallas
Alan Wheeler
View Profile
Inner circle
Posting since 2002 with
2038 Posts

Profile of Alan Wheeler
Thanks for your graciousness, Paul. I had the feeling this effect had become an untouchable (in India's old sense of the word.)
The street vendor who sold it to me made the stack of coins go from my hand (under one cap) to the table (under the other cap). When I saw this effect back in the seventies, I only remember there being one stack and a disappearance to the effect.

I hope within the year to be able to do the same effect by more legitimate methods.

--alan Smile
The views and comments expressed on this post may be mere speculation and are not necessarily the opinions, values, or beliefs of Alan Wheeler.
A BLENDED PATH
Christian Reflections on Tarot
Word Crimes
Technology and Faith........Bad Religion
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Brass Caps and Thai Coins (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL