The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Pinkie power (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

volto
View Profile
Special user
603 Posts

Profile of volto
How did you achieve finger independence for cups and balls? Specifically, I'm talking about the various devious pinkie maneuvers. Ammar does things with his pinkie that scare me :o)

I've found an exercise that helps, kinda, as long as you don't mind the creaking sound of your tendons stretching. Are there any published exercises? Or does everyone just do a routine time after time after time...?
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24314 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
None of Ammar's pinky maneuvers are any more difficult than the use of the pinky while playing a guitar, a piano, a saxophone or any musical instrument. It's just a matter of practice.

If you need to find some excercises, there is an interesting web site that may help you find some.

I think it's called gobble or gooble or something like that. Oh, yeah. I remember.

GOOGLE.COM
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
Jacques
View Profile
Loyal user
North
206 Posts

Profile of Jacques
Finger fitness...

http://www.handhealth.com/
walid ahumada
View Profile
Special user
sinaloa, mexico
892 Posts

Profile of walid ahumada
I don't see any problem using the pinky in C&B at all.

The real challenge is to master the pinky on counting cards with confidence while you are performing in front of real people.
“Magic becomes art when it has nothing to hide.” BEN OKRI quote
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
I don't do any ball vanishes... they just disappear. Smile
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
conjurormatt
View Profile
Regular user
Ft. Worth, TX
181 Posts

Profile of conjurormatt
Pete, don't delude yourself, your cups are eating the balls, and you know it! Smile
Matthew Martin
"Merely to be acquainted with the basic secret of a card trick, in no way qualifies you to perform it. Few people realize that even a simple trick in the hands of a capable performer can become a minor miracle."
~Dai Vernon
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Pinkie power (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL