The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » I want to see the manager! » » Forum FAQs » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

bilz
View Profile
New user
Cornwall, UK
88 Posts

Profile of bilz
I was wondering if you had ever thought about adding an individual subject FAQ to each forum. For example - Frequesntly Asked Questions about card magic in the 'Pick a card, any card' forum etc.

It would give newbies to that area of magic something to read before posting to give them a little background knowledge and stop the same questions coming up again and again with 'please do a search on...' being posted as the reply!

Just an idea - fantastic and friendly site by the way, I've been coming back for nearly a year now and there's always something of interest and lots of helpful users!

Bilz Smile
Learn as if you would live forever...
...live as if you would die tomorrow.
Sean Wisdom
View Profile
New user
Belfast, Ireland
40 Posts

Profile of Sean Wisdom
We tried this on a different forum, and it's a general rule that the newbies can't really be bothered to read the FAQ's and then just go and post one of those questions anyway
Sean Wisdom
Magicbunny.co.uk - Serious Magic - Competitions, Special guests and online discounted store
bilz
View Profile
New user
Cornwall, UK
88 Posts

Profile of bilz
Yeah - I assume that would happen a lot but not with everyone. The reason I thought of this is I was reading through some posts in the "All tied up!" forum and realised that it would be really useful if there was a FAQ giving maybe a glossery of terms, list of books for researching the basics etc. Maybe just a link to an article on the basics of a subject would be useful?

I'm sure that many people would find this useful in the main forums although I agree that many newbies would probably skip it and dive straight in with 'What's a double lift?' anyway!

Bilz
Learn as if you would live forever...
...live as if you would die tomorrow.
Steve Brooks
View Profile
Founder / Manager
Northern California - United States
3780 Posts

Profile of Steve Brooks
Nice idea, and I agree that most neophytes can't be bothered to actually read the rules and other information. Smile
However, I will keep this in mind and may implement this in the future. Thanks for your thoughts and continued support. Smile
"Always be you because nobody else can" - Steve Brooks
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » I want to see the manager! » » Forum FAQs » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL