The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » In The Frame by Mark Elsdon (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Mark Elsdon
View Profile
Loyal user
249 Posts

Profile of Mark Elsdon
A few people have emailed or messaged me to ask if I will be at the Magic Circle Dealer Day this Saturday. The answer is yes!

I will be sharing a stand with Andi Gladwin from Vanishing Inc. I'm bringing just two effects with me: In The Frame and On The Mark, so please come over and say hello and I'll be happy to perform them both for you so you can see what all the fuss is about.

I know Andi has some cool new goodies with him too, AND rumour has it that we will be joined on our stand by the UK's foremost CardStar, who will have the second issue of a certain magazine with him... Say no more Smile

See you there!

Cheers,

ME
Check out The View From Here:
http://elsdon.blogspot.com/
KyleMacNeill
View Profile
Inner circle
2757 Posts

Profile of KyleMacNeill
Quote:
On 2010-10-28 19:35, Mark Elsdon wrote:
A few people have emailed or messaged me to ask if I will be at the Magic Circle Dealer Day this Saturday. The answer is yes!

I will be sharing a stand with Andi Gladwin from Vanishing Inc. I'm bringing just two effects with me: In The Frame and On The Mark, so please come over and say hello and I'll be happy to perform them both for you so you can see what all the fuss is about.

I know Andi has some cool new goodies with him too, AND rumour has it that we will be joined on our stand by the UK's foremost CardStar, who will have the second issue of a certain magazine with him... Say no more Smile

See you there!

Cheers,

ME

I wonder if it is Daniel Madison, with issue 2 of Deceptions.....

Kyle
Mark Elsdon
View Profile
Loyal user
249 Posts

Profile of Mark Elsdon
So.........

Black Friday Sale time!

This is only UNTIL MIDNIGHT TOMORROW NIGHT, and for UK and European customers only:

In The Frame is available at just over a 50% discount! That's right, £22 instead of £45!!

And that still includes postage.

To take advantage of the offer, please visit my blog:

http://elsdon.blogspot.com/2010/09/in-frame.html

Remember, this ends at midnight tomorrow!

Cheers,

ME
Check out The View From Here:
http://elsdon.blogspot.com/
samdan
View Profile
Special user
519 Posts

Profile of samdan
What about us yanks for black Sunday?
The great Gumbini
View Profile
Inner circle
3062 Posts

Profile of The great Gumbini
I ordered this from Hocus Pocus today it was on sale for I believe $17.99 I could not pass it up at that price when those guys have sales man they really have sales so I'm looking forward to this.

Good magic to all,

Eric
The great Gumbini
View Profile
Inner circle
3062 Posts

Well I received this a couple of days ago it was missing the second white matted part that is attached to the gimmick but it was an easy fix I just took a piece of thin cardboard and cut out another piece for it. After practicing it a little bit I showed it to my wife and she flipped out in amazement and absolutely loved this! This is one of those effects that you will get a wonderful wonderful response to. This receives my highest recommendation it is easy to use and gets a great response. To make things a little easier for me I've elected to use a stripper deck and I will devote it all to this effect just using the same cards at the end I will expect my whole stripper deck will be filled with signatures some may be 2 or more on a card which will make it even more unique I feel. I know some May disagree with this and that's okay I've thought it out and I believe it will work if not I could always change my mind and use regular cards but with a stripper deck you could do much more handling right in front of their eyes and it moves the effect along at a quicker pace.

Good magic to all,

Eric
Christian de Punto
View Profile
Regular user
Germany
174 Posts

Profile of Christian de Punto
What a nice idea... to collect signatures on a deck of cards..! like this you really give a reason to the audiance to sign a card.

Quote:
On Jul 27, 2020, The great Gumbini wrote:
Well I received this a couple of days ago it was missing the second white matted part that is attached to the gimmick but it was an easy fix I just took a piece of thin cardboard and cut out another piece for it. After practicing it a little bit I showed it to my wife and she flipped out in amazement and absolutely loved this! This is one of those effects that you will get a wonderful wonderful response to. This receives my highest recommendation it is easy to use and gets a great response. To make things a little easier for me I've elected to use a stripper deck and I will devote it all to this effect just using the same cards at the end I will expect my whole stripper deck will be filled with signatures some may be 2 or more on a card which will make it even more unique I feel. I know some May disagree with this and that's okay I've thought it out and I believe it will work if not I could always change my mind and use regular cards but with a stripper deck you could do much more handling right in front of their eyes and it moves the effect along at a quicker pace.

Good magic to all,

Eric
The great Gumbini
View Profile
Inner circle
3062 Posts

Yes you make a good point as a matter of fact if I'm not mistaken I believe this item as well as an item I purchased at a very good sale price called Thinner is going to be discontinued as far as heir Warehouse stocking them in the future but this is really a lot of fun and I recommend it.

Good magic to all,

Eric
The great Gumbini
View Profile
Inner circle
3062 Posts

Christian I'm glad you liked the idea. The card positioning method he teaches is very good but I was just thinking using the stripper deck as an easy locator on where to cut the cards just makes it so much easier for me I tend to be a little klutz when handling cards so this was right down my alley but I'm glad you enjoy the idea. I hope it works well for you.

Good magic to all,

Eric
dooblehorn
View Profile
Inner circle
Pittsburg, CA
2482 Posts

Profile of dooblehorn
Quote:
On Jul 21, 2020, The great Gumbini wrote:
I ordered this from Hocus Pocus today it was on sale for I believe $17.99 I could not pass it up at that price when those guys have sales man they really have sales so I'm looking forward to this.

Good magic to all,

Eric

Yep, still on sale, I grabbed one, for that price cannot go wrong!
The great Gumbini
View Profile
Inner circle
3062 Posts

That's what I was thinking as well and I'm really glad I got this it's really a pretty good item. Hope you enjoy if you have any questions please feel free to PM me.

Good magic to all,

Eric
dooblehorn
View Profile
Inner circle
Pittsburg, CA
2482 Posts

Profile of dooblehorn
Just got this today but won't have a chance to look at it until later or tomorrow...Great deal from Hocus Pocus. The one think I realized is I'm spoiled by Penguin and Alakazam, because they give you online tutorials, which Hocus Pocus does not...hopefully this has at least a DVD with it.
The great Gumbini
View Profile
Inner circle
3062 Posts

It does not have a DVD with it but you can email Mark and he will send you a video that you can download where he actually shows you what to do but it's really easy to do if you have any questions let me know one bit of advice is take the frame apart piece by piece and lay it out where you can reassemble it the same way. But like I said if you need any help with it at all let me know I will be more than happy to walk you through whatever questions you have I'm using this quite a bit now and really enjoying it.

Good magic to all

Eric
The great Gumbini
View Profile
Inner circle
3062 Posts

Also I worked on a handling of this that really flies under the radar. People who have this will know exactly what I'm saying. when you have the card in the position it needs to be in with the frame put the other cards down and as you show the back of the frame tilted where people can see it better and then you can simply get the card where it is positioned in the right direction. Then simply do the routine how you like to and the card will be facing in the right direction. If anyone has any questions please feel free to ask.

Good magic to all,

Eric
dooblehorn
View Profile
Inner circle
Pittsburg, CA
2482 Posts

Profile of dooblehorn
Eric, thanks so kindly! I have not had a chance but to do only a cursory examination, and run through once of instructions, but will certainly contact you. Appreciate your offer!
Dave
The great Gumbini
View Profile
Inner circle
3062 Posts

My pleasure Dave take your time and enjoy.

Good magic to all,

Eric
dj
View Profile
Inner circle
1180 Posts

Profile of dj
What is so special about this effect?
When I think of "Card in the Frame" effects there are many more visual "Card in the Frame" effects.

For me it has to be more visual.
Here is just an example:
https://www.seomagic-usa.com/product_inf......s_id/895

Mark Elsdon's "Card in the Frame" didn't convince me.
Is there anything special?
The great Gumbini
View Profile
Inner circle
3062 Posts

That is a very nice effect. However with In The Frame you actually show at the beginning there is a card behind the glass and then when a card is selected and signed The Spectator sees that the card behind the glass is now they're signed card and you could hand it out and they can keep the card. I have to admit this has gotten some really nice reactions. But as with all effects beauty is in the eyes of the beholder and there are a lot of versions out there but this makes it super easy where you can hold the frame and and show your hands empty before you take the frame apart. It was very well-thought-out. And with my handling when you pull apart the frame everything is calibrated in the right direction.

Good magic to all,

Eric
The great Gumbini
View Profile
Inner circle
3062 Posts

And yes there was one more factor that I considered when I purchased this..... the price. When Hocus Pocus had it on sale for $17 I could not pass this up. And I did not really have a card excuse me signed card to Impossible location affect so this fit in just perfectly.

Good magic to all,

Eric
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
7025 Posts

Profile of Cameron Francis
I agree. The SEO trick is lovely. But it's really apples and oranges. Two totally different effects.
MOMENT'S NOTICE LIVE 3 - Six impromptu card tricks! Out now! http://cameronfrancismagic.com/moments-notice-live-3.html
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » In The Frame by Mark Elsdon (2 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL