The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » The Godfather's Crimp Palm... Learn it! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

mavericklancer
View Profile
Elite user
Tustin, CA
448 Posts

Profile of mavericklancer
I know I'm relatively new at the whole coin game, but WOW. After my first run through of Vinny's All-Access, I feel the need to spread this to as many people as possible. The Crimp Palm is so tremendously versatile and useful, and is a good alternative to the classic palm in a lot of situations that I've seen. He may not have invented it, but he's taken it to a whole other level.

While the Crimp isn't a fundamental seen in one of Bobo's, Ammar's, or Roth's beginner books/DVDs, I really feel like it's a great palm that everyone should learn. I originally learned it for its use in a great click pass, but now I've seen it's so much more than that. It allows for vanishes, reproductions, amazing color changes, more natural looking palms, cleaner washes, easy transpos, and I even think he said he can use it for a muscle pass. Marion Boykin and Rannie Raymundo (COINcidentally, 2 of my favorite coin handlers) also have great routines with the crimp.

Most of the veterans here have probably seen it at one point, but if you haven't, then PLEASE do yourself a favor and message the Godfather (vinsmagic) and learn about it. Or do yourself one better and check out his Open Access (http://www.vinnymarini.com/download/sub.html), which is essentially $4 per effect... and each one of them is as unique as it is brilliant. Vinny is a great and thorough teacher, and best of all - he's always there to help (I know from personal experience).
harris
View Profile
Inner circle
Harris Deutsch
8812 Posts

Profile of harris
I have added it to my bag of tricks.

Mr. G..or is it V. has been very helpful to a lot of magicians.

At first it was a bit painful to learn. (can you say OCD?)

Harris
Harris Deutsch aka dr laugh
drlaugh4u@gmail.com
music, magic and marvelous toys
http://magician.org/member/drlaugh4u
Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
9531 Posts

Profile of Mb217
Have to agree here about Vinny's Crimp Palm Technique, it's awesome! He's got people all around the world using that thing as a real alternative to the classic palm. And he most certainly has come up with tons of ways to use it as it's tremendously versatile. More than a move, I'd call it a weapon. Smile

And his All-Access offering is just a great set of close-up workers with coins, cards, rubberbands...Whatever The Godfather touches becomes pure magic, and he makes it all available to everyone for almost next-to-nothing. Just a tremendous value for a year's worth (12) quality effects.

http://www.vinnymarini.com/download/sub.html

Darn good call Mav, as to the Magic and the Man. Smile
*Check out my latest: Gifts From The Old Country: A Mini-Magic Book, MBs Mini-Lecture on Coin Magic, The MB Tanspo PLUS, MB's Morgan, Copper Silver INC, Double Trouble, FlySki, Crimp Change - REDUX!, and other fine magic at gumroad.com/mb217magic Smile

"Believe in YOU, and you will see the greatest magic that ever was." -Mb Smile
mavericklancer
View Profile
Elite user
Tustin, CA
448 Posts

Due to the past few PMs I've received, I'd like to reiterate that Vinny himself will gladly share a small tutorial on the crimp palm if you PM his username: vinsmagic.

If you're curious to it's use for something such as a click pass, he might also share that if you ask nicely. The All-Access package has numerous uses for the crimp palm, as Vinny doesn't CP at all. The material is great, and it includes some great card forces, an extremely visual ring and string routine, and a whole lot more that would take me at least 5 or 6 posts to even come close to doing justice for.

I'm not affiliated with the site in any way, and am not getting any sort of compensation for this, but I will once more refer everyone to Vinny's site, as it is a treasure trove of awesome magical effects and is something the coin world should really take a look into: http://www.vinnymarini.com/download/sub.html
Strange Tasting Fish Sticks
View Profile
1988 - 2013
The Big Brother is watching you
1095 Posts

Profile of Strange Tasting Fish Sticks
The godfather is a skilled man and has always been more than helpful and kind to me. I am happy I met him
J-Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
Ridley Park, PA
5338 Posts

Profile of J-Mac
I'll chime in and agree with all on this. Vinny's Crimp Technique is fantastic. Also, I have the last All Access Pass vids and I am keeping my eye out for the next All Access deal. So please hurry up and start the next one Vinny - it's painful to keep this eye out!

Thanks!

Jim
rannie
View Profile
Inner circle
4375 Posts

Profile of rannie
I am fortunate to be one of the first if not the first to learn this from Vinny. I have been exploring this CRIMP for years now. It is such an excellent tool.

Vinny... if you are in the house.... lets get together and discuss some new apps for the crimp. I have a ton of stuff on it that I never released.

Rannie

PS thanks for bringing this up Maverick!
"If you can't teach an old dog new tricks, trick the old dog to learn."

-Rannie Raymundo-
aka The Boss
aka The Manila Enforcer

www.rannieraymundo.com
www.tapm.proboards80.net
vinsmagic
View Profile
Eternal Order
sleeping with the fishes...
10960 Posts

Profile of vinsmagic
Wow thanks guys, thnk you for the very kind words I am honored...
Rannie I would love to see some of your ideas...
vinny
Come check out my magic.

http://www.vinnymarini.com
Turk
View Profile
Inner circle
Portland, OR
3546 Posts

Profile of Turk
From all of the many sleights and moves that Vinny performs, I think that his Crimp Palm is both diabolical and devastating...and, IMHO, is the best thing he does. In Vinny's hands, the move is as versatile as a Swiss Army Knife.

I can well understand the unbridled enthusiasm on this thread for this move.
Magic is a vanishing Art.

This must not be Kansas anymore, Toto.

Eschew obfuscation.
itlust
View Profile
Regular user
176 Posts

Profile of itlust
I'm interseted in crimp palms
where can I get more info about this sleight ?
mavericklancer
View Profile
Elite user
Tustin, CA
448 Posts

Itlust, PM Vinny... his username is: vinsmagic

Ask nicely and he'll send you a helpful tutorial on the basics of it.
Double J
View Profile
Veteran user
331 Posts

Profile of Double J
Vinny, You're 'Pimpin' with that hat... Oh, I mean 'Crimpin'

Your new name is HuggyBear.
itlust
View Profile
Regular user
176 Posts

Profile of itlust
@maverick
Thx0 ill give him a pm soon
Wstanley
View Profile
New user
6 Posts

Profile of Wstanley
I want to chime in here and say that Vinny has been nothing but helpful when I pm'd him to ask about the crimp or thumb crotch palm. I had gripped coins that way before but never thought to use it as a vanish. Merely a hold that released into finger palm almost immediately. I was very impressed with the short video he sent me.

Thanks again

William
Chris W
View Profile
Regular user
Have you seen my
176 Posts

Profile of Chris W
There are a lot of applications of this. I love his crimp color change. Awesome.
vinsmagic
View Profile
Eternal Order
sleeping with the fishes...
10960 Posts

Profile of vinsmagic
The crimp palm as I coined it (aka the thumb crotch)
I uses it for a
hold out
vretention vanish
drop vanish
throw change ( crimp bobo)
toss vanish
colorchange
one handed and two handed
crimp pen chen
trasnspositions
assembley's
hand washing
marix effects

ect ect
Come check out my magic.

http://www.vinnymarini.com
Lawrence O
View Profile
Inner circle
French Riviera
6811 Posts

Profile of Lawrence O
Vinny is a dear friend but I have a physiological problem in performing the Crimp despite my love for the possibilities it opens: when teh coin is in crimp palm, I cannot (really cannot) extend my first finger. I spent almost two years in training daily: it improved a bit but it's not what I have seen Vinny doing for years.

Thanks Vinny for your contribution, especially because I feel frustrated from this beautiful move
Magic is the art of emotionally sharing live impossible situations
Atom3339
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
3242 Posts

Profile of Atom3339
A move I need to work on more. Thank you for your example, Vinny!
TH

Occupy Your Dream
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » The Godfather's Crimp Palm... Learn it! (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL