The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Oldies... but goodies! » » Indian Dove chest (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

magicdoctor
View Profile
Veteran user
Wi.
377 Posts

Profile of magicdoctor
I have a Indian Dove chest at least that is what I was told.I recieved it when I bought an estate.I have tried to research Indian Dove chests and have'nt found much on them.I have found one picture of one and it had a picture of an Indian on it.now mine does'nt.Can someone help me to identify this one? I'm not sure this is where I should post this.Here is a picture.thanks

Michael
Michael Von Schroeder [url]www.vonmagic.com[/url]
magicdoctor
View Profile
Veteran user
Wi.
377 Posts

Profile of magicdoctor
jslandesmd
View Profile
New user
4 Posts

Profile of jslandesmd
I recently obtained a MAK or U.F. Grant Indian Dove Chest with the Indian litho. I've never seen the one you have, but obviously, it's the same prop. It was probably made by another manufacturer, or repainted. One of the problems with the box props made by MAK from that era is that the wood was apparently not prepared well before painting, and the finish peels off. Mine has peeling along the edge of the top. I'd love to find one in mint condition, but prefer the Indian litho. I know this doesn't help you much but I was really surprised to see the one you have! That's what makes this so interesting.
magicdoctor
View Profile
Veteran user
Wi.
377 Posts

Profile of magicdoctor
I was thinking the same thing .I have'nt seen one painted like this either.The problem is that the magician that had it,is'nt a live anymore so I can't ask him.

thanks for your help

Michael
61magic
View Profile
Special user
Sacramento California
775 Posts

Profile of 61magic
MAK props are notorious for having paint peel on the older items, in an effort to keep costs down what jslandesmd said above is correct.
The props were not prepared very well prior to paint, this occurs on both the wooden and metal props. Primer is the key component that was always left out of the process.
Professor J. P. Fawkes
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Oldies... but goodies! » » Indian Dove chest (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL