The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Just Think by Adrian Sullivan (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King

This came out years ago, but it now comes with a teaching DVD. I fell in love with this when it first came out, yet many friends hated it. They said it didn't work. Well, it does work, perfectly. I don't remember the original instructions, maybe they left out details, I don't recall.

Anyway, Mark gives some tips on the DVD that make it surefire. I got it from penguin for only $11.00, but check your favorite dealer as I'm sure they have it.

Demo:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gBRmoYtc24g

That's just a basic idea. You could do a DL, show an indifferent card.

The Effect

You ask your spectator to think of any playing card, this done they are given a piece of paper and a pen and are asked to write down the card they are only thinking of. The paper is crumpled into a small ball and placed in their pocket. You now run through a regular deck and remove one card only. Without ANY questions the card is placed face down onto the spectators hand. For the first time they reveal the card out loud.THEY turn over the card it is exactly the card they are thinking of.
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
gtx magic
View Profile
Special user
United Kingdom England
957 Posts

Profile of gtx magic
I agree this is an exellent effect,Adrian sullivan is a good friend of mine he is very creative in his magic he sold the rights of just think many years ago to mark mason when he had his shop in blackpool (England). Adrian was also the creator of Eliminator,whom Alakazam now have the rights to.
Perfection is not attainable, but if we chase perfection we can catch excellence.
Mehtas
View Profile
Inner circle
England, UK
1649 Posts

Profile of Mehtas
This does work.

Has worked for me EVERY time.

I didn't use the original gimmick. I made one myself and it worked 100%.
afknight
View Profile
Elite user
499 Posts

Profile of afknight
I had this years ago but it wasn't very reliable. Depending on how hard or softly the spectator wrote, it could be difficult to get the "thought of" card. Maybe it's been improved or Mark's tips have helped. I'm revisiting this plot using Psypher which allows you to remove the cards from the case with an indifferent card showing on the face of the deck which I don't think you can do with Just Think. I like the fact that I can remove the cards face up and place them on the table, recap what just occurred, and then pick up the deck with the faces towards me as I try to find the thought of card.
afknight
View Profile
Elite user
499 Posts

Profile of afknight
Quote:
On 2010-10-10 23:02, afknight wrote:
I had this years ago but it wasn't very reliable. Depending on how hard or softly the spectator wrote, it could be difficult to get the "thought of" card. Maybe it's been improved or Mark's tips have helped. I'm revisiting this plot using Psypher which allows you to remove the cards from the case with an indifferent card showing on the face of the deck which I don't think you can do with Just Think. I like the fact that I can remove the cards face up and place them on the table, recap what just occurred, and then pick up the deck with the faces towards me as I try to find the thought of card.

p.s. but for $11, this is probably a great value!
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
12968 Posts

Profile of John C
Problem is it doesn't live up to it's name: Just Think.

You don't Just Think. You actually Just Write it down.

Sorry this is lame and overused principle

J
The Baldini
View Profile
Inner circle
I some how pounded in
2445 Posts

Profile of The Baldini
There is a similar version from Chris Taylor, that works great and is quite easy to do, it is from one of his books that I cannot remember, perhaps someone here will know.
GhostSurfer
View Profile
Loyal user
224 Posts

Profile of GhostSurfer
This thing was rubbished on the Café when it first came out years ago. And if you need a DVD as well, then you should take up knitting.

Is it any wonder people cannot read (or write) any more!?

GS
magicreviews
View Profile
New user
50 Posts

Profile of magicreviews
Yeah, this was another one I opened up with excitement and was very disappointed by the gimmick. This can be easily reconstructed for under a buck and about 5 minutes time to make.
edh
View Profile
Inner circle
4698 Posts

Profile of edh
You don't need a gimmick to recreate this. I am sure many, if not all, could work out a way to do this.
Magic is a vanishing art.
Blueroyalty
View Profile
Loyal user
280 Posts

Profile of Blueroyalty
Maybe there was something wrong with my gimmick. I remember getting this YEARS ago from Hank Lee's (back when they would send paper advertisements). The pressure required for it to work defeated the purpose. For one, no one really writes that hard, and two, if they did, the imprint would be left on the box. Never used the effect as it didn't even work for me in practice.
Christopher Congreave
View Profile
Veteran user
U.K
377 Posts

Profile of Christopher Congreave
Surely you just use a blunt pencil, then they have to use the required amount of pressure in order for them to see it on the paper.
DonEduardo
View Profile
New user
60 Posts

Profile of DonEduardo
Okay, I see I'm not the only one a little frustrated with the reliability of the gimmick. I did find that the bicycle card boxes are a little thinner on the backside and that does seem to help. Have not tried this with anyone because so far in practice it has not been reliable.
magicHart
View Profile
Special user
Las Vegas, Nevada
548 Posts

Profile of magicHart
IF Anyone is interested, I just found an opened but NEVER USED "Just Think" which I will see for $5 bucks!

PM me if interested!
graf spee
View Profile
New user
2 Posts

Profile of graf spee
Well I just ordered it and it does not work for me.
Even if I put the paper directly on the gimmick, so not it the card case, it still does not work.
Waste of money .
And yes I did see the DVD and followed the instructions.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Just Think by Adrian Sullivan (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL