The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Winner of China's Got Talent Final 2010 - Armless Pianist Liu Wei! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Pakar Ilusi
View Profile
Inner circle
5777 Posts

Profile of Pakar Ilusi
I was going to say something but this says it all for me...

“It's not the critic that counts. It's not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena. Whose face is marred with dust, and sweat, and blood. Who strives valiantly; Who errors and comes short again and again; Because there is no effort without error and shortcoming. But who does actually dare to do the deeds. Who knows the great enthusiasms, the great devotions; Who spends himself in a worthy cause; Who at best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly. So that his place will never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat.”
- Theodore Roosevelt -

Smile
"Dreams aren't a matter of Chance but a matter of Choice." -DC-
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2889 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
Quote:
On 2010-10-12 07:49, funsway wrote:
Well, AGT isn't a measure of talent either -- just a guess at who will be the best headliner in Las Vegas -- or will give the judges the greatest chance to increase ratings -- usaully by buying into someone's "tough road to success."

It's never about talent -- just about entertainment.

I agree that they're more about what will play in Vegas rather than talent in general, but the top four of last year's competition definitly (sp) had serious talent.
"...and if you're too afraid of goin' astray, you won't go anywhere." - Granny Weatherwax
Olympic Adam
View Profile
Inner circle
1259 Posts

Profile of Olympic Adam
Quote:
On 2010-10-14 05:47, Pakar Ilusi wrote:
I was going to say something but this says it all for me...

“It's not the critic that counts. It's not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena. Whose face is marred with dust, and sweat, and blood. Who strives valiantly; Who errors and comes short again and again; Because there is no effort without error and shortcoming. But who does actually dare to do the deeds. Who knows the great enthusiasms, the great devotions; Who spends himself in a worthy cause; Who at best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly. So that his place will never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat.”
- Theodore Roosevelt -

Smile

it's not china gives credit, it's talent! so many talented people get nowhere because of shows like this, fills up TV with rubbish, shows used to be about actual talent and had people who you would admire, now it's just silly
Protection for mind readers and mentalists: http://tricksofthemind.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Winner of China's Got Talent Final 2010 - Armless Pianist Liu Wei! (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL