The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Interesting decor item? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

dmkraig
View Profile
Inner circle
1949 Posts

Profile of dmkraig
I thought this might interest people:

http://www.abcdistributing.com/home/cata......2C7EVNL2

Unfortunately, the remote does talk a small bit, but it can be covered with talking or background music.

The candles do look real, and flicker. The remote turns on whichever candle it is pointed at.
markthorold
View Profile
Inner circle
Shrunken heads atop
1942 Posts

Profile of markthorold
They are a nice item but they do have to be spaced far apart and in different directions for them to be used separately .
Regards Mark
E.O.I
Sallymagi
View Profile
New user
39 Posts

Profile of Sallymagi
Mom and Dad have a set of these on their headboard. They can be used separetly.
SpellbinderEntertainment
View Profile
Inner circle
West Coast
3519 Posts

Profile of SpellbinderEntertainment
The problem is they are now in several catalogs, several chain stores, and online, so they are fast becoming every day items and are no longer going to be magical or spooky, when the cat is out of the bag, the bizzarist must hunt for new bags (or cats?)

Magically,
Walt
markthorold
View Profile
Inner circle
Shrunken heads atop
1942 Posts

Profile of markthorold
Used in the context of a seance item ( and dressed a little ,I cant see them being distinguishable from a normal candle .Not quite so recognisable in the Uk fortunately .
Mark
E.O.I
abrell
View Profile
Loyal user
Remscheid, Germany
284 Posts

Profile of abrell
Remote control LED candles are fine for decoration and are perfect for stage sceneries because fire risks are eliminated. But an audience that really focuses such a candle will always recognize them as LED candles. In the past I have used the candles built for "Phantom of the opera". They were very expensive and are not much better than the cheap candles that are available everywhere now.

For a seance you should use a real candle. It would be also difficult to burn some torn papers after a center tear and to ignite flash paper...
StrangeMagick
View Profile
Special user
635 Posts

Profile of StrangeMagick
Abrell:

Unfortunately, in the US, at least on the East Coast, it is illegal to use fire and/or candles in public shows.

Flash paper is also a no no ... so many of my old favorites either went away or had to be modified because of this.

Dave Birtwell
dmkraig
View Profile
Inner circle
1949 Posts

Profile of dmkraig
Quote:
On 2010-10-13 09:35, abrell wrote:
... an audience that really focuses such a candle will always recognize them as LED candles.

I would agree. However, I also have absolutely no idea why you would allow an audience to focus on a candle he lights by itself unless you're a young magician who gets the candle to light and then goes, "Ta-dah!" It's great for misdirection, setting the mood, part of seance effects, etc.
Sallymagi
View Profile
New user
39 Posts

Profile of Sallymagi
You can blow some of them out too.
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5841 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
Strange, fire is a no no in most of the West Coast as well unless you have a pyro certification.
Dreadnought
View Profile
Special user
Athens, Georgia
836 Posts

Profile of Dreadnought
***, guess I'll stay in Georgia and the gulf coast.
Peace

"Ave Maria gratia plena Dominus tecum..."

Scott

Would you do anything for the person you love?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Interesting decor item? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL