The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Outdoor Strolling Gig (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

EVILDAN
View Profile
Inner circle
1279 Posts

Profile of EVILDAN
What would you guys do for an outdoors Halloween strolling gig? No table available.
by EVILDAN....
"The Coin Board Book" - moves and routines with the coin panel board. - http://www.lybrary.com/the-coin-board-book-p-827955.html
"SLASHER - A Horror Whodunnit" - a bizarre close-up routine based on Bob Neale's "Sole Survivor."
PM me for more info.
"Zombie Town" - a packet effect about how a small town turned into zombies. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=nzJhcoJtyOM
S.WARD
View Profile
Loyal user
United Kingdom
251 Posts

Profile of S.WARD
I have done strolling bizarre magick and had great success with some of Black Hart effects. I used 'Mark of the Beast' and T-wave a lot and got very good reactions. Both are low price and good effects, and they can be learnt very quickly.
Tony Iacoviello
View Profile
Eternal Order
13151 Posts

Profile of Tony Iacoviello
I use my version of the WEB, have done my Salem Witch Test (an OTL type effect), palm reading, a variation of Mark on Palm, some pendulum work, a few pseudo hypnotic stunts, and Invisible Touches.

I have a few other things that lead into palm reading, just to get the ball rolling. But usually when the readings start, that is all there is time for. I do have some Halloween themed reading programs too.

Tony
mysticz
View Profile
Special user
D.C. metro area
680 Posts

Profile of mysticz
Hi EvilD:

I would put together a spooky standup closeup routine using my handling of the Director's Cut Horror edition cards, my version of Hilford's Nightmare coin, a short billet routine revealing a spectator's sun sign and then exact birthdate, my version of a "seven deadly sins" card effect, a ghostly take on Goldstein's "Psychic Bowling," and a "voodoo" coin bending routine of mine. All of these effects easily fit in my jacket and pants pockets. I would not necessarily use all the routines for each strolling performance, but would use two or three routined together in different combinations.

In other words, do your favorite closeup strolling stuff, but be a little "spooky" creative.

Joe Z.
Joe Zabel
"Psychic Sorcery"

There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy.

-- Shakespeare's Hamlet I.v. 174-175
seadog93
View Profile
Inner circle
3200 Posts

Profile of seadog93
I wanted to do Eugene Burger's flash spirit writing for a show yesterday, but that fell through so I wanted to do his regular cigarette paper spirit writing.

I absolutely love both of these effects, but didn't have time to get comfortable with using cigarette papers. I ended up doing what think is really good, I essentially do Burger's spirit writing presentation (from his "Spirit magic" DVD) but I use blank business cards and do a flustration count + TOCAPADMO.

I think this is a great effect.

Also, maybe an Okito doll and maybe Docc's nightmare coins.
"Love is the magician who pulls man out of his own hat" - Ben Hecht

"Love says 'I am everything.' Wisdom says 'I am nothing'. Between the two, my life flows." -Nisargadatta Maharaj

Seadog=C-Dawg=C.ou.rtn.ey Kol.b
EVILDAN
View Profile
Inner circle
1279 Posts

Profile of EVILDAN
Thanks - keep them coming. All this is jogging my memory of forgetten things.
by EVILDAN....
"The Coin Board Book" - moves and routines with the coin panel board. - http://www.lybrary.com/the-coin-board-book-p-827955.html
"SLASHER - A Horror Whodunnit" - a bizarre close-up routine based on Bob Neale's "Sole Survivor."
PM me for more info.
"Zombie Town" - a packet effect about how a small town turned into zombies. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=nzJhcoJtyOM
Tony Iacoviello
View Profile
Eternal Order
13151 Posts

Profile of Tony Iacoviello
Blister effect, with your hand being traced on a napkin and the finger being burned the old way, with either a match or if there are smokers around... It plays big and visual. This is how I like to do the ash on palm, a demonstration of Sympathetic Magick.

Speaking of napkins, torn and restored and balls over the head.

Rope/cord Through Neck with a story of the Salem hangings might be nice.

Jeff also has a host of things that could fit on his last DVD set, including his pendulum bracelet routine.

Malack's Straw Man would look good too.
EVILDAN
View Profile
Inner circle
1279 Posts

Profile of EVILDAN
Right now in the wings are:
Haunted Key
Ritual of the Pin
Pen Thru Tongue (a little sideshow never hurt anyone - Zombie Tongue anyone?)
Nightmare Coin
Greenwolf's "Wicker Man"
and some mind reading stuff.
by EVILDAN....
PM me for more info.
Robin DeWitt
View Profile
Regular user
187 Posts

Profile of Robin DeWitt
Quote:
On 2010-10-12 16:09, EVILDAN wrote:
Right now in the wings are:
Haunted Key
Ritual of the Pin
Pen Thru Tongue (a little sideshow never hurt anyone - Zombie Tongue anyone?)
Nightmare Coin
Greenwolf's "Wicker Man"
and some mind reading stuff.
I am the fakir, you....
<BR>Robin DeWitt
Robin DeWitt
View Profile
Regular user
187 Posts

Profile of Robin DeWitt
I would not forget "Wraith Of Renfield". You do that real good.
I am the fakir, you....
<BR>Robin DeWitt
EVILDAN
View Profile
Inner circle
1279 Posts

Profile of EVILDAN
Oh yeah, I did that at my last gig. Thanks Robin.
by EVILDAN....
PM me for more info.
seadog93
View Profile
Inner circle
3200 Posts

Profile of seadog93
Quote:
On 2010-10-12 15:56, Tony Iacoviello wrote:

Rope/cord Through Neck with a story of the Salem hangings might be nice.

That's a really cool idea.

Posted: Oct 12, 2010 6:35pm
This might be to silly for you, but if there are any kids (or if you just enjoy being silly) you can bring some orange spongeballs and refer to them as:
"Dr. Peabodie's portable pumpkins"
you can either have a story around a brief in the hands routine or adapt a Samual Patrick Smith idea and do the routine as a short commercial.
"Love is the magician who pulls man out of his own hat" - Ben Hecht

"Love says 'I am everything.' Wisdom says 'I am nothing'. Between the two, my life flows." -Nisargadatta Maharaj

Seadog=C-Dawg=C.ou.rtn.ey Kol.b
Roni
View Profile
Elite user
405 Posts

Profile of Roni
Don't forget the loops, Touches, if you have Luna or Witches Almanac, Ritual of the flies:-) Knife through arm, Mini Slates, Perhaps spoon bending will also be cool.
Have a great time
Roni
Tokyo Williams
View Profile
Regular user
NYC
126 Posts

Profile of Tokyo Williams
Quote:
On 2010-10-12 18:37, Roni wrote:
Don't forget the loops, Touches, if you have Luna or Witches Almanac, Ritual of the flies:-) Knife through arm, Mini Slates, Perhaps spoon bending will also be cool.
Have a great time
Roni

Spoon bending would require you to drag around a bunch of cutlery (unless there's a buffet); however, most people have a useless key on their keyring that they would be willing to donate for a psychic experiment (or whatever you're dressing it as).
I have nothing to say
And I am saying it
And that is poetry.
-John Cage
Silvertongue
View Profile
Inner circle
One day I will die leaving behind
2426 Posts

Profile of Silvertongue
Ashes on the palm
3 card Gypsy curse
For as long as space exists,
And living beings remain in cyclic existence,
For that long, may I too remain,
to dispel the sufferings of the world.
-Shantideva

Engaging in the Conduct of a Bodhisattva
Harley Newman
View Profile
Inner circle
5117 Posts

Profile of Harley Newman
Doug Higley's Three No Evil.

Rope thru Neck is a very good idea, with so many scripting options.

Blockhead, especially as part of a pre-mummification ritual...what the ancient Egyptian priests used to do, to extract brains. Also consider that you have some sleight skills, and thumbtips exist. What could appear to come from the nose, after the hole is breached? And then, what do you do with it?

The company that puts out marshmallow bunnies and chicks at Easter, not has Halloween critters. I'd do a geek act with one.
“You can’t depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus” -Mark Twain

www.bladewalker.com
handa
View Profile
Inner circle
Pittsburgh, PA
1357 Posts

Profile of handa
In my pockets on a typical evening for spooky strolling:

Haunted Keys and cord (my routine allows for pendulum work with the keys as well as some impromptu rope/knot effects)
Nutria Paw or Higley Chupacabra Claw (both ungaffed for pendulum work)
Fukai Doll
3NoEvil
Soprafino Tarot Deck (ungaffed and ready for a few routines or stories)
Wallet set for Heirloom/KK
Altoids tin full of ashes in addition to my tin of Altoids
White Pocket Handkerchief
Blister-Producing Object (usually a "dimple-ended" Sharpie, a key, or a gaffed Monkey Paw that also functions in place of my Fukai Doll)

If my situation allows for it, I also carry a small stack of goldenrod papers cut in half and a prepared washcloth or sponge in a ziploc bag.

Other props may rotate in or out, but this has been my basic setup for a long time. 3NoEvil has been the most recent addition.

The Witches Almanac also works very well in a strolling/no tables situation. I use one or two pairs of spectator hands as a "table" when working with such a small amount of cards.

Chris
StrangeMagick
View Profile
Special user
635 Posts

Profile of StrangeMagick
Evil One ... What about Bro Shadow's Pick a Sin? You should have a wallet around for this ;0-)

There's also stuff done with peeks like Bill Cushman's Seven Deadly Sins.

Dave
handa
View Profile
Inner circle
Pittsburgh, PA
1357 Posts

Profile of handa
I forgot that I also usually carry a broken/stopped pocket watch for Beyond the Witching Hour. If you have it on a chain, it also works well for pendulum work.

Chris
Roni
View Profile
Elite user
405 Posts

Profile of Roni
Did anyone mention Centre Tear? or..Thumb W****r ? A voodoo doll routine?
All the very best
Roni
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Outdoor Strolling Gig (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL