The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Flag Staff Production HELP (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

magicaldan12
View Profile
New user
58 Posts

Profile of magicaldan12
Hey guys!

I just got your american flag staff production in the mail and I love it! However, I have a problem with getting the smallest rod at the top to collapse when I want to collapse the flag. I have used much force to do it but I am afraid that slamming the rod down will chip off some of the welding and ruin the rod. Is there something that I can do to make it not get stuck? It is really annoying and a pain to get back in... plus I don't want to damage the rod when collapsing it... I think some of the welding already came off because I damaged it too much. What should I do? Is there some sort of solution that I could put on the rod to ease it? All of your comments are much appreciated!

Thanks,
Dan
Signor Blitz
View Profile
Elite user
419 Posts

Profile of Signor Blitz
Is your flag staff fron India (light weight)

or is it a heavier Brass - ie Abbotts.

If it is the heavier one, it can take a real beating and it won't be affected.

The India verson - try getting the metal cold (contact the metal a bit) a dry lubercant (Hopps gun oil has a dry lube that is great)and use inertia to get it to go back down.

Once it is back - DON"T fling it out with too much power. It just needs a light flick (Unlike the heavier brass - you need to muscle it a bit)

If this doesn't help - I am sure there will be others following up with good ideas also!
Signor Blitz
View Profile
Elite user
419 Posts

Profile of Signor Blitz
If the weld breaks off - there is a few 2 part opxies on the market that are made for metal - any of them works great for a repair.
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
The instructions with my Abbott Flag staff says to 'Tap' the base on the floor to have the sections collaspes.

You actually want the staff to stay extended so you can hold it up like a flag. If it collaspes while at a show, the audience will know how it works and that would be very bad.

The magician society will ban you from being a magician. LOL Smile
Signor Blitz
View Profile
Elite user
419 Posts

Profile of Signor Blitz
The common error is that folks swing the staff like they are trying to hit a homerun! It does not take much to extend it (andit will stay that way) Sounds like this person is guilty of over kill and it is stuck - and if it is the light one from India - his problems have just started.
magicaldan12
View Profile
New user
58 Posts

Profile of magicaldan12
It is light... but I don't know if its from India... yea the instructions said to tap it but it said to tap it against my hand?
hugmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
7665 Posts

Profile of hugmagic
Take the largest end and tap it against the floor with the rest of the flagstaff upright.

I am pretty sure you have an India made model.

Richard
Richard E. Hughes, Hughes Magic Inc., 352 N. Prospect St., Ravenna, OH 44266 (330)296-4023
www.hughesmagic.com
email-hugmagic@raex.com
Write direct as I will be turning off my PM's.
Signor Blitz
View Profile
Elite user
419 Posts

Profile of Signor Blitz
The inertia from the sudden stop of hitting the floor should do it -
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Additionally, tap it on a wood floor, not concrete.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Flag Staff Production HELP (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL