The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » Ellis in Wonderland (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
5194 Posts

Profile of landmark
I'd appreciate what people have to say about Tim Ellis' Ellis in Wonderland lecture notes. Are the effects practical, and what kind of reaction have you gotten? Is the writing clear? Would you buy anything else from Ellis? It looks pretty interesting and I'm trying to decide between this and Corinda with my spare $20. Or maybe you have another suggestion.
Thanks, landmark
shomemagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Missouri
2231 Posts

Profile of shomemagic
Corinda's 13 Steps is a MUST have for any magician library.
Magically,

Mike King - Sho-Me Magic

You can e-mail me at: shomemagic@gmail.com
zeroG
View Profile
Regular user
183 Posts

Profile of zeroG
Ellis in Wonderland has some very good and practical routines! I give it a thumbs up! The writing is very clear and very funny. If you want to get something to learn some tricks from get Ellis. If you want something for your library that you will refer to now and again get Corinda. If you like to make a routine your very own and put all of your ideas into it, Corinda is awesome because it is so comprehensive. But if you want some decent effects that you just have to practice and learn step by step, get Ellis. (not that you couldn't put your ideas and extra effort into them)
Just my opinion.
Thank you very much.
-Zero G
cfleming
View Profile
New user
Chris Fleming Long Beach, Ca.
81 Posts

Profile of cfleming
I saw Tim Ellis lecture at the Magic Castle. Excellent lecture. He's great at creating original presentations. I have his lecture notes and would recommend them. I can't comment on the Corinda book as I'm not into mentalism.
I don't have a solution, but I admire the problem.
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
5194 Posts

Profile of landmark
Thanks for the ideas!
So what did I end up getting? Well I saw a deal too good to pass up--the complete Jinx on CD-ROM for $16 at Daytona Magic! Wild! Should keep me busy for a while. Maybe the Corinda and Ellis books can be birthday presents from my wife!

Going on half a century. . .
landmark
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » Ellis in Wonderland (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL