The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Vegas C&Bs (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Gary Dayton
View Profile
Special user
New Jersey
542 Posts

Profile of Gary Dayton
I will be in Las Vegas for several days next month. Anyplace in Vegas you could recommend to see good C&B and close up performances?
RS1963
View Profile
Inner circle
2734 Posts

Profile of RS1963
Quote:
On 2010-10-18 10:32, Gary Dayton wrote:
I will be in Las Vegas for several days next month. Anyplace in Vegas you could recommend to see good C&B and close up performances?

Not right off hand. If this were 13 years ago you could see Michael Skinner perform the C&B's right at your table in Lilly Langtree's in the Golden Nugget down town. You're really going to be hard pressed to see them done in a close up setting in Vegas at this time. If you go see Penn and Teller's show and they are still doing the cups an balls in the show, that's just about the only way you will see it done.

On the other hand Paul Vigil is at King Ink Tattoo Studio, Bar&Grill located at Treasure Island on the Las Vegas strip. I'm not aware that he is doing a C&B routine but have heard nothing but praise for him there. I plan on going to see him soon Myself. I believe he is there on Fri and Sat and then on Wed he is on the patio.
Gary Dayton
View Profile
Special user
New Jersey
542 Posts

Profile of Gary Dayton
Thanks, RS. I'd like to see Vigil live. Plus, it looks like a real Vegas experience!
mediamonk
View Profile
Regular user
Walla Walla
103 Posts

Profile of mediamonk
Slight correction...King Ink is in the Mirage. I stayed at the Mirage a few weeks ago, but didn't know they had a magician working there. Bummer!
"There are two ways of living life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is." -Albert Einstein
RS1963
View Profile
Inner circle
2734 Posts

Profile of RS1963
Quote:
On 2010-10-25 16:50, mediamonk wrote:
Slight correction...King Ink is in the Mirage. I stayed at the Mirage a few weeks ago, but didn't know they had a magician working there. Bummer!

So it is thank you I had a feeling something was wrong with my post. lol Thank you for the correction and sorry for the confusion.
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24314 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
One of the best ways to find out who is working in Las Vegas is to get a current copy of Genii Magazine. If they know someone is working at any venue there, they will have it listed.

Another is to wait until you get to Las Vegas and look at the various entertainment guides.

Finally, check with Gary Darwin. He's in the phone book. You can't e-mail him, because he does not use a computer. Ever.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
Rainboguy
View Profile
Inner circle
1915 Posts

Profile of Rainboguy
Bill Palmer is right on; Gary Darwin is THE MAN when it comes to magicians performing in Las Vegas, and besides, he's a great guy ....so do give Gary a call.

He used to have a Wednesday night magic club thing going on there, too, at The Bourbon Street off the strip, if my memory is correct.

Not sure if that's still going on....
Andrew Zuber
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles, CA
3017 Posts

Profile of Andrew Zuber
I believe there's a group that gets together on Wednesdays at a place called Boomers. I never seem to be in town on a Wednesday but it's worth looking into.
"I'm sorry - if you were right, I would agree with you." -Robin Williams, Awakenings
kentfgunn
View Profile
Inner circle
Merritt Island FL
1639 Posts

Profile of kentfgunn
The place is called Boomer's.

3200 West Sirius Avenue, Las Vegas - (702) 368-1863

KG
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
24314 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
It was still going on last Spring.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

Andrew Zuber
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles, CA
3017 Posts

Profile of Andrew Zuber
As far as I know it's an ongoing thing. Like I said I've never had the chance to go, but from what I've been told it's more of an informal get together.
"I'm sorry - if you were right, I would agree with you." -Robin Williams, Awakenings
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
24314 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
Gary doesn't show up there much any more. His diabetes has really messed his feet up.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Vegas C&Bs (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL