The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Ted Leslie Envelopes (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Black Hart
View Profile
Elite user
Scottish Highlands
475 Posts

Profile of Black Hart
Hello

I may have a false memory here but I seem to remember that Ted Leslie used to sell a utility envelope(s) that could be shown empty and then sealed by a volunteer. The envelope was kept in view at all times and when it was cut open (with scissors) by the volunteer and opened by them there was found a card/prediction/whatever inside it.

Can anyone please tell me the name of the effect/envelope and is this still available anywhere?

Thanks.

Keith Hart
Black Artefacts, manufacturer and dealer of weird, bizarre and psychic magic: www.blackhart.co.uk
Rebecca_Harris
View Profile
Veteran user
361 Posts

Profile of Rebecca_Harris
I don't know the envelope that you mention but could you perhaps just use a two way envelope to achieve that effect?
Necromancer
View Profile
Inner circle
Chicago
3076 Posts

Profile of Necromancer
You'll find Ted's Teleport Envelopes in Paramiracles, Keith.

Best,
Neil
Creator of The Xpert (20 PAGES of reviews!), Cut & Color, Hands-Off Multiple ESP (HOME) System, Rider-Waite Readers book, Zoom Pendulum ebook ...
Black Hart
View Profile
Elite user
Scottish Highlands
475 Posts

Profile of Black Hart
Ah! Got it - Teleport Professional. Described in Paramiracles (I think).

Answering my own question...

Keith Hart
Black Artefacts, manufacturer and dealer of weird, bizarre and psychic magic: www.blackhart.co.uk
Black Hart
View Profile
Elite user
Scottish Highlands
475 Posts

Profile of Black Hart
Thanks Neil. I'd just managed to find it and you answered just as I was replying.

Cheers
chmara
View Profile
Inner circle
Tucson, AZ
1911 Posts

Profile of chmara
Ted also sold die cut unfolded envelopes of his latest version- I still have some left. They were multi use if assembled properly with a combination of fast and quick release glues. Although a nuisance to assemble -- they were wonderful to use.
Gregg (C. H. Mara) Chmara

Commercial Operations, LLC

Tucson, AZ

C. H. Mara Illusion & Psychic Entertainments
rickmagic1
View Profile
Inner circle
MIddle Tennessee area
1545 Posts

Profile of rickmagic1
I concur with Gregg. I rarely use mine since I have so few left, but the Teleport Professional is a fantastic utility device.
Richard Green
The Modern Conjurer

Coming soon:
Victorian Secrets: An Evening With The Spirits!
Roger Kelly
View Profile
Inner circle
Kent, England
3332 Posts

Profile of Roger Kelly
Keith - If you have MINDSTORMS by Sean Taylor, Chapter II refers to his PRO-ENVELOPE, which I find to be more practical and should meet your requirements. In my opinion its easier and quicker.

Never realised you posted here - prompted me to revisit your 'darker' side! Alas, your link in your 'profile' doesn't work. Ditch the last bit: "/page10.html" and all is well...
Black Hart
View Profile
Elite user
Scottish Highlands
475 Posts

Profile of Black Hart
Thanks Roger - profile updated.

I've just purchased Paramiracles and it is certainly Ted Lesley's Professional Teleport Envelope that I used to use. I used them all up before I moved up to the Highlands and couldn't remember where I got them from!

I've not seen the Pro-Envelope so I'll now get Mindstorms so I can take a look.

Thanks

Keith Hart
eSamuels
View Profile
Inner circle
3085 Posts

Profile of eSamuels
Another option is James Biss Remote Control Change Packs. They are sold in a very large size poly envelope, but I make my own in a much smaller size. Construction is covered in "Mind Blowing."

One advantage is that scissors are not required to open them.

Very effective for a 100% hands-off handling.
PWRIS
View Profile
Regular user
177 Posts

Profile of PWRIS
Hi,

If you are looking for Ted Lesley's Professional Teleport Envelopes, you can obtain them from "Magic Factory" in Germany, if I recall correctly they took over the stock from Mr. Lesley.

http://www.magic-factory-shop.de/product......bc45f851

Hope this helps. Paul
Paul W. Randall
"Englishman in Germany"
cc
View Profile
New user
75 Posts

Profile of cc
If you can track it down, Michael Sibbernsen has exactly what you're looking for in a book of his. I believe it's called PRETELUS PERFECT ENVELOPE. I have no idea if it's available but a friend of mine showed me this several years ago and I thought it was a very simple and perfect method. I think it was a very limited release though. Maybe someone here knows how to contact Mr. Sibbernsen.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Ted Leslie Envelopes (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL