The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Higley Books limited availability for Holidays (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Doug Higley
View Profile
1942 - 2022
7152 Posts

Profile of Doug Higley
Last year a couple of the titles were very popular so here's the situation for 2010:
http://SpookyBook.com
There are just 4 of the hard cover 'Museum:Mysteria' (w/3-D glasses) left to sign and ship. Then that's it till MAYBE next year (if I can get up enough $ to print more). So if you want one to be signed and sent as a gift, get on it.

SPECIAL! For this Christmas, I am having 12 (ONLY!) of the exact same book (w/3-D glasses) printed in SOFT cover. Same HIGH quality paper and printing. These will be less expensive and can be signed and sent for gift giving as well.

'Scary Dark Rides' can be signed and sent and there are just 12 copies left. These will be the LAST ones I have printed that I can sign. After these are gone, you will have to get from the printer or possibly as an eBook. (Unless I hit the lottery!)

There are also 12 copies of my sci-fi 'Out Of The Dust' available.

Note: All the above books are great for muggles too and have recieved 100% positives!

Thanks all!
Doug
Higley's Giant Flea Pocket Zibit
Doug Higley
View Profile
1942 - 2022
7152 Posts

Profile of Doug Higley
New Soft Cover version of Museum:Mysteria is at http://mysteria.grindshow.com
RicHeka
View Profile
Inner circle
3999 Posts

Profile of RicHeka
I am so glad I got this book [Museum Mysteria]....and that is not just because there is a full page shot of my personal Mer. Smile

The photography in total is AWESOME!....as are of course Dougs AWESOME creations.

Rich
Doug Higley
View Profile
1942 - 2022
7152 Posts

Profile of Doug Higley
Thanks Rich for the kind words and the support. Smile

Not to mention the EXTREMELY Limited editions.
Doug Higley
View Profile
1942 - 2022
7152 Posts

Profile of Doug Higley
Something NEW just released. But the How-To book isn't available sperately from the Package at this time. Just an FYI to those who care about such things. ;-)
Doug Higley
View Profile
1942 - 2022
7152 Posts

Profile of Doug Higley
I got a few questions in eMails and PMs and on facebook about the new How-To...so...here's my answers.

Obviously there is the actual format and the addition of color photos etc and some editing for content. But here's the deal and I'll be as forthcoming as I can. Grab a cup a Joe...here is the WHOLE story.

I have ALWAYS wanted this information in a book form. it has been and is far too valuable and of real quality to be sloughed off in a cheesy eMail pdf file. 'It ain't fittin...Just ain't fittin'' as Mammy would say.

On the other hand, while I want the buyers of the system (showmen/women) to have a nice book in their hands that is equal to the value of the information, I do not want to make the info avialable for the general public of curiosity seekers. it is for workers. Many have made their money back on the system the FIRST DAY they showed it! And that possibility exists for the others too if they work it right. So I have to make it limited to only those who are in the system or are serious about getting in the system, thus pricing for the information has to be high to weed 'em out. Can't have one of these shows on EVERY corner ya know.

My goal has ALWAYS been (and the reason I started this years ago) to keep the pricing in a certain range that allows the regular guy/gal to get into this and make good money for a decent price. To create a little show for a minimum investment rather than the huge dollar amount it used to take (and still does really) to put a show on the lot that can make a return. The cost of my input has always been under $500 and the additional stuff needed about the same, (EZ-UP, Signs etc.) so getting started would be about a Grand or hopefully under. I wanted my part to be able to be recouped the first day or weekend of operation. At least have the potential to turn out that way.

Meanwhile over the years my costs have skyrocketed. I have never passed that on because I believe in my orioginal plan and concept of how this should work. So folks have been geting my info and a Zibit and with shipping etc. it has been about $400.

So now I have the book I always wanted to offer. Quandry...raise the price to what everybody else says I should be getting? No thanks.
But I do need to do SOMETHING.

So what I have decided is to offer the PACKAGE of the Book/Manual and the Zibit with lifetime consultation at $425, this covers some of my increases, not nearlly all and keeps everything within reason for the entrepeneur/buyer.

I can not offer the book seperately yet because of expense, I can't have all that may printed to offer them except in the package. And what would I charge? To be determined, as thery are expensive as hell to have printed. Speaking of which, I may make Hard Cover versions available for those who just want a collectors piece, those of you who already have the system as the PDF for example...they cost me a lot more to print but it will be a proper piece to sign. Info soon.

My plan is to only offer the manual with the package BUT, if someone is hesitant enough and wants the book FIRST before getting the Zibit etc. then I would offer the book at $50, (to deter looky-loos) to be credited when and if they bought the zibit and got into working it as they should.
$50 is high...maybe not high enough, 75?...but I'm not giving it away. They are not buying a 'book' per se but a System they can use to make good $$. The PDF is NO LONGER available. (Another attempt to up the exclusivity.)

So, here's what I came up with

The Higley Grindshow System Flea Market System is $425 and includes World Wide Shipping!

That's the deal. If somebody who is not in the system already wants the Soft Cover book...$50 (credited back when/if they get the Zibit.

Future: If a current Higley Owner wants the Book Only to add to their current system/collection then I will recommend the Hard Cover Version, probably at $50 as well but it costs far more to have done than the soft cover and the profit is far smaller. I have one on the way so will decide that when I see it in my hands.

That's it so far. I tried to offer a thoughtful answer. And I'm trying my ***dest to remain a FRIEND as well, not just a dealer out to get what he can. I will NEVER be that person. I have kept the same prices for many years even when costs from my suppliers have soared through the roof. Somebody has to remain feet on the ground...I accept.

Basically the price increase is about $25...the soft cover books cost Me $20 each to print plus the shipping. Do the math.
Doug Higley
View Profile
1942 - 2022
7152 Posts

Profile of Doug Higley
Alert to all Zibiteers (those with a Zibit and working the System): I have created a EXTREMELY Limited Special Hard Cover signed NUMBERED version of the How-To Grindshow (by request) but in order to get them done I will need at least 5 orders. The cover will be in a deep Forest Green (rather than the brown of the soft ...cover) and 8 1/2 x 11 large format. eMail or PM me. Smile
Doug Higley
View Profile
1942 - 2022
7152 Posts

Profile of Doug Higley
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Higley Books limited availability for Holidays (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL