The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Did you hear the latest? » » Charlie Reynolds » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

JVHarrison
View Profile
Regular user
105 Posts

Profile of JVHarrison
Very sorry to pass on the news that Charlie Reynolds has passed away. Charlie was a brilliant and kind man whose contribution to the art of magic is breathtaking. My hearfelt condolences to his wife, Regina, who should take solace in the legacy he has left.
Frank Simpson
View Profile
Special user
SW Montana
883 Posts

Profile of Frank Simpson
Sad news indeed. While certainly not a "household name", his contributions to the revitalization of magic cannot be overestimated. My thoughts and prayers are with those nearest and dearest to him.
Marshall Thornside
View Profile
Inner circle
chicago
2016 Posts

Profile of Marshall Thornside
I just read about this last night on the genii forum.
very shocked and surprised.
you will remember my name

World's Youngest Illusionista
7th greatest pianist in the world
Go Red For Women and Stroke Ambassador
www.mai-ling.net
Blair Marshall
View Profile
Inner circle
Montreal, Canada
3661 Posts

Profile of Blair Marshall
It's a sad day!

B
Circus Bambouk
View Profile
Loyal user
Tempe, AZ
256 Posts

Profile of Circus Bambouk
I am very sad to hear this news. I met Charlie in 1996, when I was a drama student at NYU. He was very, very kind and generous to me, and I ended up assisting him on two productions he magic-designed for the university. His patience in dealing with actors without a magic background, his love for the art and his knowledge of its history are all lasting influences on my work and my approach.
Magicwalkers
View Profile
New user
2 Posts

Profile of Magicwalkers
Charley will be missed. I had the honor to work with him on Henning's Merlin on Broadway. Charley was a well spring of knowledge and inspiration. We all learned so much about theory, just from conversations with him. Charley's enthusiasm and energy were contagious. You go on ahead magic friend, I'll catch up later...
magicnewswire
View Profile
Inner circle
1947 Posts

Profile of magicnewswire
Hi JV.

This is already being discussed in a thread just below this one which the moderators can hopefully merge. The original story was posted here: http://bit.ly/dwwLVq
Dodd Vickers

Host/Producer/Editor

The Magic Newswire

Twitter

iTunes Link
jlevey
View Profile
Inner circle
Montreal, Quebec, Canada
2076 Posts

Profile of jlevey
It was circa 1981-1982, and I had the honor to sit with Charles in his NYC office, when I was a young and budding photo-journalist and he was the senior Editor at Popular Photography. He was kind enough to meet with me on a "cold call", and to provide me with his honest and sage critique of my work. He liked my portraits of villagers during my travel to Africa, Nova Scotia and the Bahamas, but encouraged me to write more about the people in these photos, which I did. Little did we know of each others mutual love for magic at the time. Had we known, the 45 minutes that I spent with him in his office would have likely turned into a 60+ minute session.

In any case, I feel fortunate to have received his thoughtful attention and valuable input at that time, and can only imagine he offered this same guidance, inspiration and more to those much closer to him.

May he rest in peace and his family and loved ones know that they are in our thoughts during this difficult and very sad time.

Jonathan
Jonathan
Max & Maxine Entertainment
Magicians with a touch of comedy!
Dave Scribner
View Profile
Assistant Manager
Lake Hopatcong, NJ
4855 Posts

Profile of Dave Scribner
Where the magic begins
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Did you hear the latest? » » Charlie Reynolds » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL