The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Kinect for Xbox 360 Fun (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Dennis Michael
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern, NJ
5821 Posts

Profile of Dennis Michael
Kinect for Xbox 360 Fun

Just got it yesterday and it will be the hottest thing for Christmas so if you want one GET IT NOW because in a couple of weeks it won't be found!

It beats any treadmill. The Fighting Game exhausted me after two rounds, the Dance Game was fun, because I do like to dance. That too is exhausting, however, I believe these will be the hot item for weight reduction!

Hopefully, I don't over-do it and get the "Big One". Heart Attack potential is a real possibility because you are have so much fun you don't realize how hard you are pushing yourself until the break time.

I predict the future for this technology will dominate the market in games in the very near future.

Love it.
Den
Dennis Michael
EsnRedshirt
View Profile
Special user
Newark, CA
895 Posts

Profile of EsnRedshirt
Okay- poll time. How many of you shelled out for Wii Fit with the balance board? And, more relevantly, how many of you are still using it?

(It stops counting time since last log-in after a month.)

Not sure you get the same benefit from a fighting game that you get from regular exercise- the key is raising your heart rate and then keeping it there for 10-20 minutes. (Dancing is good at that, though.)

By the way, Wii Fit and Wii Sports are being used by physical therapists to rehabilitate patients after accidents or surgeries. (It worked well for my mom after surgery on her neck.) I wonder if the same will be true of Kinect? Or at least the mo-cap hardware it uses, maybe, if the right software is developed. My brother-in-law is in the video game industry; I'll have to check out Kinect when I get a chance... but I think for now I'll skip buying an expensive Xbox 360.
Self-proclaimed Jack-of-all-trades and google expert*.

* = Take any advice from this person with a grain of salt.
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5841 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
What is kinect?

Redshirt, I worked with the guys at SoundMax who did the sound for video games in San Jose (division of the company I worked for). That is an interesting field.
Dennis Michael
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern, NJ
5821 Posts

Profile of Dennis Michael
Kinect is a hands free controller which reads you body movements and projects them into the game.

The boxing one put my heart rate at 180 BPM (Not good for my a-fib), yes it will have an interesting future.

There are several exercise programs and in 2011/2012 will be first shooter games.
Dennis Michael
Al Angello
View Profile
Eternal Order
Collegeville, Pa. USA
11045 Posts

Profile of Al Angello
Dennis
You don't need me to tell you that a man in your condition should take it easy. Loosing weight is good, but having the big one is not good. The last time I did the tread mill test there was a doctor there monitoring my heart, they took me off the machine when my heart beat was far below 180 bpm, and I was very winded.
Al Angello The Comic Juggler/Magician
http://www.juggleral.com
http://home.comcast.net/~juggleral/
"Footprints on your ceiling are almost gone"
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Kinect for Xbox 360 Fun (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL