The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Magnetic rubber sheet for Roths coins thru mini table (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

magicblademan
View Profile
Special user
uk
523 Posts

Profile of magicblademan
Can anyone point me in the right direction for the magnetic rubber sheet that David Roth uses for coins through mini table..I need it to be the right strength ,don't want it grabbing the coin and not being able to knock it through ..

Thanks

Shaun
If you put the time in....you will achieve ...
Rizzo
View Profile
Inner circle
East Coast
3349 Posts

Profile of Rizzo
I found the thin type that have a pucture or saying etc that you stick on automobiles worked well . $1 for more than you need
jazzy snazzy
View Profile
Inner circle
run off by a mob of Villagers wielding
2109 Posts

Profile of jazzy snazzy
Are you talking about vinyl mag sheets?
You can get some from nearly any signmaker.
"The secret of life is to look good from a distance."
-Charles Schulz
Douglas Lippert
View Profile
Inner circle
E Pluribus Unum
2343 Posts

Profile of Douglas Lippert
If you go to Wal-Mart's Arts & Crafts section you should be able to find something called "Magnetic Sheets" with adhesive backs. The size of each sheet is 5"x8".

Works great.
Douglas Lippert
Former I.B.M. Ring #8 Secretary
Stanyon
View Profile
Inner circle
Landrum, S.C. by way of Chicago
3433 Posts

Profile of Stanyon
Back when I made some of these tables I used advertisement magnets, the kind that were made to stick on your refrigerator. (Usually came stuck to phonebooks.) Cut to shape, glued to underside of table and covered with a thin sheet of whatever wood I was using to make the table they proved to be able to hold yet release at the critical time.

FWIW
Stanyon

aka Steve Taylor

"Every move a move!"

"If you've enjoyed my performance half as much as I've enjoyed performing for you, then you've enjoyed it twice as much as me!"
magicblademan
View Profile
Special user
uk
523 Posts

Profile of magicblademan
Cheers guys,i am still looking for the right magnetic sheet here in the uk. If anyone from uk has used any sheets for the table a link would be appreciated.

Shaun
Rizzo
View Profile
Inner circle
East Coast
3349 Posts

Profile of Rizzo
You are not able to find these over there?
Olivier BIENVENU
View Profile
New user
France
61 Posts

Profile of Olivier BIENVENU
In google type : magnetic sheet uk

and I think you'll get all you need.
magicblademan
View Profile
Special user
uk
523 Posts

Profile of magicblademan
Quote:
On 2010-11-13 16:26, Olivier BIENVENU wrote:
In google type : magnetic sheet uk

and I think you'll get all you need.

Thanks I already did that but was wondering which is best to use as I don't want it to be too magnetic so coin will not fall or it to be too weak lol. would this be any good http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/A4--SELF-ADHESIVE-......ffe75e1e
Andrew Zuber
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles, CA
3017 Posts

Profile of Andrew Zuber
Unfortunately (or fortunately) we don't have Wal Mart here in the UK.
"I'm sorry - if you were right, I would agree with you." -Robin Williams, Awakenings
Lawrence O
View Profile
Inner circle
French Riviera
6811 Posts

Profile of Lawrence O
I've seen such magnetic rubber strips at Stapples during a travel in the US: "That was easy!"
Magic is the art of emotionally sharing live impossible situations
mystre71
View Profile
Inner circle
martinsburg west virginia
1693 Posts

Profile of mystre71
Have you tried this table
http://themagicwarehouse.com/cgi-bin/fin......ord=COIN TABLE ? There's no need for a magnetic strip with this one.
Walk around coin box work check it out here https://www.magicalmystries.com/products
Olivier BIENVENU
View Profile
New user
France
61 Posts

Profile of Olivier BIENVENU
Quote:

Thanks I already did that but was wondering which is best to use as I don't want it to be too magnetic so coin will not fall or it to be too weak lol. would this be any good http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/A4--SELF-ADHESIVE-......ffe75e1e

Oups an ebay link!!! When I post one they are immediatly removed.. Your are lucky....
magicblademan
View Profile
Special user
uk
523 Posts

Profile of magicblademan
Quote:
On 2010-11-15 19:14, mystre71 wrote:
Have you tried this table
http://themagicwarehouse.com/cgi-bin/fin......ord=COIN TABLE ? There's no need for a magnetic strip with this one.

I have this table already and have just ordered a magnetic half ..I am not keen on the slot feature so will be making it like Davids.By the way I do have Davids dvds which feature the table.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Magnetic rubber sheet for Roths coins thru mini table (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL