The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » What happened, was this... » » Nailed it. (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

BenSimon
View Profile
Regular user
Munich, Germany
137 Posts

Profile of BenSimon
Hi there,
Due to loads of work I didn't perform any magic at all during the last 6 months.
Only during the last few weeks I'm slowly starting again. Yesterday night I was out in a place where people know that I'm the "magic man" and so I was asked to show something. As an intro to an improvised, a little mental magic themed set I did Banachek's ABCD test. Worked flawlessly. It's small sweet a piece I always like to do. I proceeded with Harry Lorayne's Impromptu Out Of This World, one of my favourite mental card effects for when there is time and a table. The guy almost fell over. Before he could recover from the shock of the effect, still puzzled, with that huge "HOW??" written in his eyes you guys all know too well, I tried something. I put a card face down in front of him and asked him most casuallly, but pre-triumphantly "what card is it?". I didn't plan to use any verbal forces and just take the chance. But what happened was that this guy had absolutely no clue about cards and asked "I'm not sure, what cards are there." And so I was able to raise my chances a little, saying, "well there's basically 2 to 10 and clubs, hearts, spades and diamonds." - embedding a subtle verbal force.
Boy was I happy when he picked the right card. Smile
I'm happy to be a hobby magician and hope to find more time for magic in the future.

So long,
Ben
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » What happened, was this... » » Nailed it. (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL