The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Because I love this art I say goodbye (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
JohnWells
View Profile
Inner circle
The Southern Wild
1791 Posts

Profile of JohnWells
Quote:
So John, my understanding of what you're saying is basically asking Pablo to stay rather than retreat in order to be part of the solution which he is so desperately trying to seek....the problem being exposure of peoples effects...

....now go back and have a look at your post in the Telekinetic Coin thread and ask yourself if that post assisted in solving the problem or if it assisted in contributing to the problem?

Kam

Well, I have done nothing whatsoever to expose Bill's effect...Do I think the cries of exposure are overblown? Yes I do. Do I think the "I'm leaving and I'm taking the children with me" exits are overblown? Yes I do. I'm not precisely suere what your complaint is.
james1a
View Profile
Loyal user
209 Posts

Profile of james1a
With respect to Pablo I am afraid that the description of the effect was very misleading. If I had purchased that based on the advertising I would have been upset. It is the way in which the effect is advertised to which I am taking exception.
james1a
mindpunisher
View Profile
Inner circle
6132 Posts

Profile of mindpunisher
Quote:
On 2010-11-27 14:15, funsway wrote:
"dealing seconds" is not a magic trick either, and is certianly in the public domain. But that doesn't give you the right to expose that a certain effect uses that sleight, or even to say that many magicians use that sleight in performing magic tricks. It is also disrespectful to the audicne who may feel that these effect are magical. Why destroy their illusion?

Well since I don't own the ripp off sorry I mean effect how can I expose it? I merely describe a very old tired kids piece of science that is in the public domain. That gives me the right. No one has the right to take advantage of thick gullible magicians. I don't buy into the "your buying the secret so you can't have your money back" tripe either. It is abused to far often.

I have any right I want to make my right. Because so long as it doesn't break the law its my right. Right?
Maddened
View Profile
Loyal user
222 Posts

Profile of Maddened
Seriously people, this is Pablo's thread to say goodbye to friends and whoever he still respects and respects him on this forum and now you are hijacking it to talk about your principles (or lack thereof)? Leave the guy alone already!

And hey... while we're talking rights, how about letting one man have the right to say his farewell without having his thread taken over to defend people's own petty insecurities? Really people, some decency???
edh
View Profile
Inner circle
4698 Posts

Profile of edh
@Maddened, he's not dead. He's just leaving. Smile
Magic is a vanishing art.
Mind Guerrilla
View Profile
Inner circle
Queens, NY
2670 Posts

Profile of Mind Guerrilla
How does one leave the Café anyway? I couldn't find any exit strategies in the FAQ.

The original poster still has a profile. So, it clearly takes more than just draping one's arm across the mantel, gazing into the distance and sighing, "I'm leaving you for another website."

Are we all members for life?
Jim-Callahan
View Profile
V.I.P.
5018 Posts

Profile of Jim-Callahan
Know I am not and time will run out in the near to now.

Jim

H.o.A-X
“I can make Satan’s devils dance like fine gentlemen across the stage of reality”.
Mind Guerrilla
View Profile
Inner circle
Queens, NY
2670 Posts

Quote:
On 2010-11-28 21:05, Jim-Callahan wrote:
Know I am not and time will run out in the near to now.

I'm not sure I understand.

Are you saying that, if membership were to be conferred upon someone like Raymond Hill, it would be a dead giveaway?
voh002
View Profile
Special user
547 Posts

Profile of voh002
I respect Amira´s decision, but I think in general it is a pity when someone says goodbye to the forum this way. Especially when one is one of those who sell their creations. I think it's always nice when developers of a product can comment on issues buyers have. I had not known who Amira was had it not been for this forum and I will assume this is a good place and market his products. If he comes back when he will release his new project, people assume that he is only here to promote and Amira will then also lose the respect of many on the forum. But I wish Amira all the best and thanks him for many interesting posts on the Café.
Maddened
View Profile
Loyal user
222 Posts

Profile of Maddened
Quote:
On 2010-11-28 19:12, edh wrote:
@Maddened, he's not dead. He's just leaving. Smile

:rolleyes: I am well aware of that. As evidenced by my post on the first page of this thread.
Mind Guerrilla
View Profile
Inner circle
Queens, NY
2670 Posts

Quote:
On 2010-11-28 20:58, Mind Guerrilla wrote:
How does one leave the Café anyway? I couldn't find any exit strategies in the FAQ.

The original poster still has a profile. So, it clearly takes more than just draping one's arm across the mantel, gazing into the distance and sighing, "I'm leaving you for another website."

Are we all members for life?

Here's the answer I got from management:
"Once you're in you're in. We don't delete profile or posts simply because someone says they are leaving."

So as the man once said, "You can check out any time you like, But you can never leave" Smile
Tom Jorgenson
View Profile
Inner circle
LOOSE ANGLES, CALIFORNIA
4451 Posts

Profile of Tom Jorgenson
So anyway, if I can hijack the interruption:

See you down the road, my friend.
Appreciated your time here.
Check in with us every so often.
Be well.
We dance an invisible dance to music they cannot hear.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Because I love this art I say goodbye (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL