The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Mohammed Bey cups finale? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Ignore me...
View Profile
Loyal user
230 Posts

Profile of Ignore me...
On a recent trip, I took along a great deal of disparate cup/balls literature, including the Garcia book, and learned the Bey version. I performed it quite a bit, and enjoy it immensely. It is elegant and flows nicely, and is different from many routines in terms of its logic/structure in terms of getting from here to there.

Unfortunately, Garcia doesn't explain the Bey final sequence, and doesn't even describe it. He merely states that one may tack on the Garcia ending, at one's own discretion.

(Incidentally, is it possible Garcia was such an *ss as his writing implies? He claims credit for almost everything, even when he admits someone showed it to him, and then says others "stole" it from HIM.)

Anyway, compared to the Bey routine, the Garcia ending seems kind of ham-handed. There is little pocket use or use of feints in the Horowitz routine, so I suspect that the ending would be just as elegant as the rest of the piece.

Is there a source for the original Bey sequence, or does anyone know of what it consisted? I welcome private messages as well.

Thanks!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Mohammed Bey cups finale? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL