The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Yogano Sit-down Levitation » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
zaubern
View Profile
Veteran user
Seattle, Wa
335 Posts

Profile of zaubern
Wow, that Wirelesswizardry video looked awesome!!
Zaubern Smile
Paul Romhany
View Profile
V.I.P.
Canada
800 Posts

Profile of Paul Romhany
I think it all comes down to presentation. Rather than just 'sit' on a stool and rise, give thought to 'why' and 'what' makes the person float up and down. With this in mind I created a routine in which the stool isn't the focus of attention.
"life is like a movie ... you write your own ending" - Kermit the Frog

http://www.paulromhanymagic.com

http://www.paulromhany.com
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Tilford has been coping magic tricks and illusions for years. He orders tricks and reproduces them to the best of his ability.

Bill Smile
briansmagic
View Profile
Special user
USA
507 Posts

Profile of briansmagic
Is this what happened with these levitations we are talking about? Are they not actually from Yogano?
tilford
View Profile
New user
75 Posts

Profile of tilford
Doug Tilford here.

The Yogano Sit Down Levitation and the Yogano Saturn Levitation as well as the Yogano Diablo are made in Europe with Yogano's permission as far as I know. However, the Barstool Levitation is a new up dated modern version and is not called Yogano Barstool but Modern Barstool which is also made in Europe. All of the European dealers as far a I know use the same source as I do.

Smile

Sincerely, Douglas Tilford

Ps Also, I do not build any illusions here. Illusion builders come to me asking me to sell their illusions.

I have no builders here. I do not build anything myself.

Infact, one person thought I had copied George Richbark s Simplex Chopper. He, George Richbark, makes all the Simplex Choppers that I sell and I e mailed him and this person at the same time stating this fact.
http://www.tilfordillusions.com
magician@tilfordillusions.com
Phone (386) 322-7308
Fax (386) 761-3973
Kevin Ridgeway
View Profile
V.I.P.
Indianapolis, IN & Phoenix, AZ
1832 Posts

Profile of Kevin Ridgeway
While it is true that Tilford does not build illusions, he does offer several knock offs. There is still a knock off Origami for sale at his site, as well as, a hideous looking Jam and Cube Zag. He also states:
"The Yogano Sit Down Levitation and the Yogano Saturn Levitation as well as the Yogano Diablo are made in Europe with Yogano's permission as far as I know."

When the real truth is that yes Yogano commisioned someone to build them, with Mr. Yogano receiving royalties for each one built, but has yet to ever see a penny from the builder in Europe. So, to state "as far as I know", come on...you ever contact Yogano yourself, highly doubtful, you just don't want to know.
You may notice that Tilfords ad was not in the last Linking Ring....Want to know why...
The Linking Ring no longer accepts ads from Tilford as long as he continues to offer knock off illusion on his website.

Now, one would figure, hey take them off so you can advertise there...not if he makes decent money on selling knock offs, not to mention that Magic and Genii magazines still run his ads.

So if you want Mr. Yogano to receive compenation for his creations...look elsewhere to purchase.

P.S. the most interesting thing is at the bottom of his website...
Copyright © All images are copyrighted. Reproduction of any kind is prohibited.
Living Illusions
Ridgeway & Johnson Entertainment Inc

Kevin Ridgeway &
Kristen Johnson aka Lady Houdini
The World's Premier Female Escape Artist

www.LadyHoudini.com

www.livingillusions.com
tilford
View Profile
New user
75 Posts

Profile of tilford
Doug Tilford here again,

The Origami was a trade-in and we clearly state that we do not make this item

I did e mail Yogano and got no response.

I have contacted Select Magic in Belguim and other European Dealers and they purchase the Yogano items from the same place I do.

In regard to Linking Ring my attorney is awaiting response from the IBM attorney as other advertisers in the Linking Ring carry controversial illusions and their ads are not refused for items on their websites.

One example is Klam Magic--Pole Levy (which I no longer carry) and Interlude (which I no longer sell). My web person has been told to remove ths item in all areas which he did except for one which I have reminded him of.

Douglas Tilford
http://www.tilfordillusions.com
magician@tilfordillusions.com
Phone (386) 322-7308
Fax (386) 761-3973
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Yogano Sit-down Levitation » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL