The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Sword Basket by Andrew Mayne (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
magicelam
View Profile
Veteran user
Tennessee
368 Posts

Profile of magicelam
Yeah, he's been really cool to me as well. We use his Spectre Cabinet, and have made his VooDoo box, although the sword basket will be replacing that.

And I'm very happy with the sword basket.
Mike
MagicErik
View Profile
Loyal user
Sneek, Netherlands
284 Posts

Profile of MagicErik
According to his site it is sold out.. Smile
Not everybody wants to be able to afford an original Gaughan or Summers. Maybe you don't like it, but for the many magicians who perform maybe 5 times a year this really is a great prop. It looks cheap because it is. Not everyone wants to be able to afford original Gaughan or Summers illusions. They would never earn that kind of money back. So maybe you wouldn't perform with it because you are at a much higher level. Others do and in my opinion stating that they are stupid buying this 'junk' does not do them any justice. Maybe you don't like it. For the money you pay you seem to be getting a prop that will most likely not survive in an everynight touring magicshow. But for the maybe once per month magician I think it will work great. And I think that was Mayne's intention.
<b+>
EVI
magicelam
View Profile
Veteran user
Tennessee
368 Posts

Profile of magicelam
Well said MagicEric
Mike
kennewhitson
View Profile
New user
Kansas
69 Posts

Profile of kennewhitson
Thanks for all the input. I was considering buying the just released plans and you guys have sealed the deal for me, it's a GO! Andrew just released the plans and he is GREAT to deal with s I'm ordering.
TheMagicOfDean
View Profile
Regular user
What!? I Only Have
105 Posts

Profile of TheMagicOfDean
Hi all,

Andrew had just release plans on building this Sword Basket. Check it out at
Ebook: http://andrewmayne.com/shop/products-pag......ownload/
Print Version: http://andrewmayne.com/shop/products-pag......-basket/

The website says:

"Andrew Mayne presents his revolutionary design for the Sword Basket illusion: Compact, lightweight and easy to build.

This digital download includes:
+ PDF booklet with precise measurements
+ Printer-friendly blueprints
+ Instructions on how to build Andrew's large stage swords
+ 14-minute video explaining how to assemble and perform one of the world's most popular illusions.

Total cost to build is under $50.

16-page PDF booklet / Printer-friendly diagrams in PDF form / 14-minute video in MP4 format"

Dean
magicelam
View Profile
Veteran user
Tennessee
368 Posts

Profile of magicelam
Hey, just so you guys will know, I've only used mine a few times, but it plays great and has held together well. I have not added the holes for laces. We had a local college student write an intro on what the basket "was", and it goes over well too. Hope this helps. I don't really get on here much anymore, so if you have any questions about the basket, drop me a pm, and I'll see if I can help.
Mike
kennewhitson
View Profile
New user
Kansas
69 Posts

Profile of kennewhitson
Bought the download and it is great. The PDF is clearly written and the video is straight forward.Another winner from Andrew.
Brian Arkell
View Profile
New user
42 Posts

Profile of Brian Arkell
I own this and it is a good prop for the low price!

packs small plays BIG!

Brian

Brian Arkell
Arkell Magic
http://www.arkellmagic.com
asgar
View Profile
Elite user
409 Posts

Profile of asgar
I want to build a sword busket and I know some good weavers here.Will this design help or there is an other easier way ?
Magic is believing in yourself, if you can do that, you can make anything happen.
wizmaster
View Profile
New user
2 Posts

Profile of wizmaster
I bought it a month or two ago and I will build mine in plywood... Think it looks very small and deceptive...
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Sword Basket by Andrew Mayne (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL